“Dissappointed in the service and cleanliness. Fine to stay there if you have no where else to go.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Birmingham, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, which was 2 nights too many. The first night I noticed the shower drain was mostly clogged, which left me standing in ankle-deep water after just a 5 minute shower. I called to have the maintence rep come out to fix the drain, and the front dest assured me the drain would be cleared and that housekeeping would clean the tub after the drain work was finished. When I showered the next day, not only was the drain still clogged, but also the tub had not been cleaned. The hotel obviously doesn't see the danger of having customers standing is slippery soapy water while showering. The room was decent for the price and generally comfortable otherwise. It is located fairly close to LSU campus, but also sits close to a train track with trains rolling in promptly a 5 am on a Saturday morning. On my next trip here, I plan to check out one of the other places close by.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Although this hotel is undergoing a renovation at this time, we were not inconvenienced at all during our 4 night stay. I have stayed at this hotel on seven different occasions this year alone and can honestly say that this hotel has the most friendly, courteous and helpful staff of any Marriott property I have ever visited. I came in contact with various staf members all the way from housekeeping, maintenance, management and front desk and all were perfect examples of the employees that everyone desires to have. Congratulations on a wonderful staff!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed here for the LSU/Florida game. We must have the worst luck with location...location to the stadium was not far but we were placed on the side facing the highway and were up most of the night with traffic. Rooms are average and what you expect. Prices are a little high for this hotel. Bed is ok. One thing I wish the room had was a refrigerator and a long mirror!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We were in Baton Rouge for an athletic event being hosted at LSU - the location was convenient to campus and I-10. It was also close to a railroad track ... and at different times throughout the night the train would lay on the horn and wake you up; just as you fall asleep again, another train comes through. Just a so-so facility; price was nice; proximity to campus and Outback was good-lack of sleep a problem for an athlete trying to relax, get a good nights sleep to be competitive the next day. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for business in Jan 2009. Rate was about 153+ a nite which is a little high for my liking. I booked my room with my flight and got a pretty good discount though (Orbitz). In any event the hotel was nice but for the price could have been better. We got there at 2:45 (15 min before check in) and they told us the rooms were not ready. Not a big deal but i have never had that happen before. The rooms are nice and big and the bed was comfy. There is no wireless but they do have a cord for internet in the room and a desk to work on. The breakfast buffet is about $10 and only average. They have a pool but it was outdoors and too cold to use. The front desk did recommend a resturant right around the corner called Juban's and it was possibly the nicest place i have ever been too.

G Man

• Liked — Clean hotel
  • Disliked — Price is too high
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

When we made our reservation we called and asked the hotel front desk for a Feather Free room, two extra pillows and two extra towels. We arrived to find a very dirty room, a dirty bathtub and plenty of feathers to make my children's eyes swell up upon entering the room. We contacted the front desk and their response was, "We are at full capacity!". When they finally responded, about 40 minutes after we called, they showed up with the extra towels but they were not able to come up with any pillows so we had and extremely sleepless night. To add to the pain was an annoying train horn that was happening every hour but we were able to drown it out somewhat with our handy noise maker. That last thing we wanted after spending the day traveling we tried to take a shower but we had to clean the tub first to get all the "Hair" off the walls and out of the tub. Gross! Not to much to ask for but very hard to provide and nothing in the way of an apology came from the staff nor speedy action to fix any of our problems.

Stayed July 2008
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

First the good: Conveniently located, easy access to/from I-10, immaculate rooms, free computers & printers in lobby, tastefully decorated, nice furniture layout, Outback steakhouse next door.

Now the bad: NOISE!!!!

When I first arrived, I was given a room on an outer wall facing I-10. At first I had the TV on so I did not notice the noise. However, when I went to bed the noise was awful. Basically you have semi's doing 60+ MPH just a few yards from your head. If you're a heavy sleeper this may not be an issue for you. Unfortunately I am a light sleeper so I was awake all night. Since I was staying for two nights, I called the front desk around 5 AM to see if I could change rooms the next day. The desk clerk said no problem since ~60 people were checking out that morning. He asked what time I would be coming back that day and I said between noon & 2 PM. He told me he would arrange for a room to be prepared on the other side of the hotel and told me to bring my suitcase to the front desk so they could deliver it to my new room while I was out. When I got back to the hotel around 3:15 PM, it was clear the day shift never got the message and did not know about the issue. The desk clerk told me to have a seat in the lobby while they figured out a solution. They finally told me a new room was ready, but they don't deliver luggage so I would have to move my bag myself. (I'm ok with that, just surprised the first clerk said they would.)

When I walked to the new room I found it was next to the ice machine & elevator. I went back to the desk and explained again that I really wanted a quieter room. They eventually found a room on the other side of the building away from the interstate. Around 8 PM I found out this room was only a few yards away from the train track and the engineer really likes to sound his horn. I heard the train again around 5:45 am the next morning.

Bottom line this is a typical Courtyard property. If you are not affected by noise you will probably be very happy here. If you are a light sleeper you would be better off driving down the road to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Location - Near to everything
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area? Share your experiences!