“Reasonably priced, a little outdated” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
tampa, fl
“Reasonably priced, a little outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a one bedroom suite for a long weekend. The room felt a little outdated, but was clean and large and reasonably priced. I specifically booked Marriott because of a promotion with Southwest Airlines.

This was our first time in Baton Rouge, so am not sure how to evaluate the location. There wasn't anything in walking distance, but we had a rental car and could easily get around.

Mini-fridge in room was convenient.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We value your business and hope to have you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was disappointed by this hotel, as i thought it was relatively new. The lobby was beautiful, there is plenty of parking, and the staff was great. Unfortunately, that's where I run out of good things to say. The small, dim guest rooms just feel like they aren't clean. It's one of those feelings that is hard to describe or put your finger on. The hallways are even darker and reminded me of walking thru a poorly maintained apartment complex or senior citizens home. I'm sure the room rate was inflated due to college graduations the weekend of my stay, but we paid too much money for the quality of accommodations we got. All of this after circling the property trying to find the entrance from the main street. I would not stay here again, or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. I'm sharing my experience with my team so that we can improve for all our future guests' experiences. We appreciate your business and we hope to regain your trust and loyalty to Marriott.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

Pros: friendly staff, clean room, quiet during my stay (except for the weather, but I cannot pin that on the hotel). Other reviewers mentioned the train nearby, but I did not hear one and perhaps one can request a room farther from the tracks. The town I used to live in had a hotel by the tracks, and trains were required to use their whistle/horn at certain grade crossings.

Cons: poor signage from road! Even with gps guiding me it was not apparent where to turn and I wound up getting on the interstate instead of turning at the hotel entrance. Hotel shares entrance with Outback restaurant and bank building, but sign is unlit and not visible from roadway. Once inside the driveway, one is left to drive around until finding the hotel as if by surprise.

Fix the wifi! As soon as I got to my room, this gold elite member tried to connect to the premium wifi that is one of my few perks at this property. After entering name and room number, I got an error that the information was not found. After several tries, I contacted front desk and was told that only the slow free wifi was working and it had been that way for weeks! Unacceptable in this day and age, especially for frequent business travelers. Poor wifi on a consistent basis will affect my choice of a hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear you experienced some inconveniences. We pride ourselves our on providing great service, a confortable stay, and an overall great stay. I will share your experience with us with my team to help improve for our future guest. We appreciate your business and hope to re-gain your trust with us and the Marriott brand.
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

The hotel and staff are good, clean rooms good beds easy parking but the WI fi is awful most business travelers and most guests want good WI fi why is this so difficult!!!!! Coffee shop but no breakfast included in rate and avoid weekends if you want peace and quiet

Stayed April 2015
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, April 18, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are currently upgrading ou Wifi. We apologize it was not to your standard. We appreciate to your business and hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

Ever have a stay where the little things just started adding up? That was certainly my evaluation of the property. This appears to be an older building, and while updated to the Courtyard standard, you suffer the infrastructure items that cannot be easily cured.
First the layout puts the elevators far from the lobby. This is a standard hotel in a U layout which means you will be taking a good walk to the room.
After getting off the elevator, the vending/ice machine were just roaring down the hall. I work in the chemical industry, this was noisy. My first thought was "please don't let my room be near here." It wasn't, but you had best be sure yours isn't either.
The room was a nice Courtyard standard. Comfortable bed, nice features, nice television, and a very nice bathroom. Except for the toilet, which ran for the entire length of my stay. I'm pretty handy around the house and attempted to get involved, but the flapper valve needed replacement.
Once I laid down to sleep I noticed the next major item, the A/C. It was powerful and cold, important in Baton Rouge, but it was noisy. This is not a central unit, it is a wall unit. You will hear the water dripping out the evaporator coil. It is an unusual sound which I found disturbing. It's not loud, just different from home.
In the morning, breakfast was served from the restaurant with Starbucks on-site. This was top quality. I absolutely loved the choices, and the results were great. I highly recommend.
Overall, the staff were EXTREMELY polite. This is the most redeeming thing about the property. I can look past the other items because of the wonderfully kind staff. Also, I never heard this "train" anyone speaks of. Not once. I would stay here again. I'm betting my experience would be better, but this time it was average.
Finally, as others have mentioned. Outback Steakhouse is next door. This was very helpful.

Room Tip: Bottom floors facing the pool have outside access, if this is uncomfortable for you, ask for a highe...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2015
Great! We love to hear back from our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are addressing some of those issues you pointed out. Thank you again, we appreciate your business and hope to have you back soon.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

We stayed here several times a year during the 4 years my daughter played ball at LSU. It's been a couple of years since we've been back, and I'm happy to say the staff is still friendly and the rooms still nice. Looks like some new carpeting throughout which is a plus. It's very convenient to LSU sporting events and not having to drive on College is a plus! As with most college campuses, I have noticed trains are usually nearby. Wifi was free, although I'm not sure if this was because we are Rewards members. I always ask for a room away from 1-10 and I always pack a set of ear plugs. Located just next door to Outback Steakhouse.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the wing not along I-10
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Thank you so much for coming to visit us agian! We appreciate your business and look forward to you coming back to visit LSU.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

This experience was so utterly unpleasant that it inspired me to get back on Trip Advisor to warn the masses. First and Foremost: The hotel is adjacent to a train track and freight trains pass by blowing their whistles between 2:00 and 3:00 AM. This noise is muted in some areas of the hotel, but if you're unfortunate enough to stay in room 311 (where I was), or any similar rooms facing in the same direction bring your earplugs OR better yet move to another hotel closer to downtown. They don't seem to have enough staff to handle the morning breakfast crowd which is a bit of an issue if you actually have to keep to a schedule. Also the only walkable place (unless you want to risk a highway fatality walking down under the highway) is an Outback Steakhouse. Also the front desk staff, although pleasant and friendly, are seemingly unable to handle simple billing and other adjustments. In my case my stay was "auto charged" to the wrong card so I went to the front desk prior to check out and asked for the charges to be updated accordingly-and charged to my corporate card. After a very long process, the front desk attendant told me it was taken care of and handed me two folios which seemingly reflected the updated charges and proper card #. However as I discovered several days later it was actually never updated and the stay remains on my personal card-which is presenting an issue for completing my business expense report. So, after three phone calls, one of which with a manager (and all of which where I was left on hold for an average of twenty minutes) the issue remains unresolved and I am resorting to calling HQ. This property makes me hesitant to select any Marriott Brand: And I've been a Marriott Rewards member for many, many years. Do yourself a big favor and avoid this property like the plague. Friendly attitudes and surface hospitality cannot make up for the utter incompetence and poor service you are likely to experience here.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and taking the time to share your experience with us. We pride ourselves on service, providing the best experience for our guest, and quality. I'm sorry we did not meet your and our standards. I want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have addressed the issues accordingly to help prevent this from happening to any of our future guests.

Been to Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area? Share your experiences!