“friendly, basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Houston
“friendly, basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff were friendly. The accommodations worked. The lobby eatery was well-served with a satisfactory menu. A train blew its whistle around 3:00 a.m. the two nights I stayed. There are nearby eateries within walking distance but the sidewalks incomplete.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the railroad track.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We hope to regain your trust and loyalty to the Marriott Brand and our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in town for my daugter's dance competition. The first room we were given had a bad smell to it.
However,then manager quickly put us in a much better room. He and the staff were very friendly and helpful our entire stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are proud to here you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff here is very helpful especially Sean who works the desk night/early mornings. I can't say enough good about all of them. For example, Sean never gives up ! They are lucky to have him! Best to the entire staff and thank you for going the extra mile when others wouldn't go to the levels to help their customers out.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
That is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us in the future.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

located right off I10 in the middle of busy baton rouge, you can quickly (well as quick as possible in baton rouge) get to most points of interest. The hotel has an Outback Restaurant located in the same parking lot which provides for easy access to a dinner without having to get in your car and drive. The hotel is clean and has been a favorite place for our baseball team to stay every time we play in baton rouge. The staff has been super friendly and accommodating. We have stayed in several rooms in this hotel but if you are looking for a quiet spot, pick a room that faces away from the interstate and the pool courtyard. Plenty of common areas to sit around and talk and a nice courtyard and pool area for summer. Our only wish was some type of continental breakfast, but I guess you cant have it all! Highly recommend this Hotel

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms in this hotel but if you are looking for a quiet spot, pick a room t...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
That's great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us in the future.
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

The hotel itself is a typical, and a little worn, Marriott Courtyard. Unfortunately, if you can't sleep, it doesn't really matter how nice the hotel is. This hotel is located close to a busy railroad track. All night long I was awakened by train horns and engines. It appears that the hotel has little sound insulation to mitigate the noise. I don't recommend this hotel for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the highway side, away from the railroad track
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. I am going to share this with my team to help prevent this from happening to other guests. Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and for doing business with us.
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

Spent another great weekend in Baton Rouge. Good Hotel, great staff. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and the air worked fine. We called down to the front desk and requested a couple of extra pillows and they were delivered to the room promptly. One drawback, the bed was not quite as comfortable as several of the other Marriot’s we have been in lately, not sure if we just got a firmer bed but we still slept well ! Will stay again.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room that faced the courtyard, very quite and very dark !! Loved it
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
SPECTACULAR! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will relay your feedback to my team. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thanks for choosing to stay with us.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

This was my first time every visiting Baton Rouge and staying at this property.

The Rooms:
Pretty much standard Courtyard, enough room to move about but nice and compact. I never felt cramped for space. This hotel did offer a mini fridge which was a huuuuuge plus since I can store fruit and juices in there during the stay. There is a dedicated work area with a nice office chair and it was nice to be able to use this to do some work from the hotel as I was there for work.

The Staff:
The check-in staff was very friendly and I was checked in in no time. My room requests were accommodated with no issue whatsoever.

The Property:
The property is kind of hard to find since you have to enter through the Outback parking lot. It is located very close to the LSU campus if that is what you want but I liked it. It was just far enough from downtown that is was out of the way and close enough that it only took me 10 minutes to make it to work in the middle of downtown. Around the hotel there are plenty of food chains (Chick-fila, Panda Express, etc) as well as Walgreens and Wal-Mart within a five minute drive… but come on this is seafood county, get yourself some local cuisine and you won’t be sorry.

Since my stay was not very long and most time was spent at work I did not really use any of them. There is a gym on site as well as a nice bar along with a coffee shop. I am pretty sure this is standard Courtyard.

Connectivity:
This hotel has free WiFi throughout and I had no problems connecting from my room at all.. The speed was fast enough for VPN connectivity and the occasional YouTube surfing. On the desk in the room there was a wired connection if so desired but I never had to use it as the WiFi was plenty for me.

Some things to improve:
For some reason my shampoo never was being refilled, I only had one the first night and that was it. No worries I went down to the local Wal-Mart and bought some. I know I could have asked the front desk for some but I had to go by Wallyworld anyway to pick up a razor so I got some shampoo as well… so I can’t dock them for this since I never gave them a chance to fix it.
The AC in the room was also quite loud, on multiple occasions it would wake me up during the night but not bad enough for me to complain.

Conclusion:
The hotel does show its age a little but my stay was quite enjoyable. Will book here again if work takes me back to Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the highway for less noise at night.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
J Emmanuel F, Manager at Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Great! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here with us at the Courtyard. I will share this with my staff. Our focus here at the hotel is to provide great service and a clean, comfortable room, and we have succeeded. Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to do business with you in the future.

Been to Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area? Share your experiences!