“A Solid Choice for Baton Rouge” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas/Fort Worth
“A Solid Choice for Baton Rouge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights (January 19 & 20, 2013) while in town for the Louisiana Marathon. It was a solid choice, and I have no complaints whatsoever. The front desk staff upon check-in was friendly and efficient, the rooms were quiet and clean, and I'd definitely stay here again. I had called prior to arrival to check on whether the rooms had a fridge and microwave and was told no, but to my surprise the room did have a mini-fridge and I was told upon check-in that I welcome to use the microwave in "The Market" where they sell food/drink items that is open24/7.

I wanted to freeze a couple of my water bottles that had gatorade in them so they would still be cold in the late stages of the marathon. Chaz, one of the front desk staff, accomodated my request without hesitation. Thanks, Chaz! The gatorade was good and cold still at Mile #20!

There is an Outback Steakhouse adjacent to the hotel and the front doors for the hotel and restaurant are literally within 100 yards of each other. There were some other options close to the hotel but I liked being able to take a 30 second walk to dinner!

All in all, this was a solid choice for a hotel since the host hotels for the marathon were sold out. It took me less than 10 minutes to leave the hotel, drive to downtown Baton Rouge and find a parking spot VERY close to the marathon's start/finish line.

Can't go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: Wouldn't want to be, nor was I, in a room next to the ice machine on the second floor. It was a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Allentown (PA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

• I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Center @ 2421 S. Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge (LA) for one night on business
• I have stayed at this property previously
• It appears to be an older property, but is clean and well maintained
• Room was fine: overall good physical condition and comfortable bed
• It has the updated Marriott Courtyard lobby with bristo restaurant and computer stations
• An Outback steak house is a short walk across the parking lot
• There are plenty of parking spaces (no charge) – no issue
• It is located in an office complex directly off an I-10 exit. If you face the I-10 highway, you will have noticeable road noise. If you face away from the I-10 highway, you will have some hushed highway noise
• Nice hotel convenient to I-10, but road noise can be an issue

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

No frills, but the place never disappoints. The rooms are clean, attractive, and comfortable. When I go to Baton Rouge, this is where I stay. One special recognition for this place is it was pouring rain and they gave me a free umbrella. Big points!

• Stayed January 2013
williamsburg virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here during Thanksgiving. This was our fourth stay. This property has been relented updated with very attractive decor. The restaurant area provides lounge areas. Rooms were all updated to include granite baths and up to date linens. This is a very quiet hotel in a busy area. Service has also improved.

Room Tip: Rear of building is quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights and had to work during my stay. I basically camped out in their very comfortable lobby and bistro in a booth built for business. I plugged my laptop in, had a private booth equipped with my own flat panel TV and comfortable seating. I never got so much work done before. It was a great setup.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were really nice, although did not have microwaves which I think is a must for a business style hotel. I also think breakfast needs to be included; their breakfast prices were a bit steep.

Overall a nice place!

• Stayed November 2012
Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ended up in this hotel by booking through Priceline in the morning.
Were very happy we did because for this rate we could also have stayed at a Econolodge but now we had this very nice room. The hotel has just been remodelled and everything looks very fresh and clean. We loved our room, which had a very cosy atmosphere.

Only thing that looks a bit off now everything has been redone is the pool.
Pieces of paint were missing all over the poolbottom and it just made a bit worn-out impression on us.

Staff was okay: not overly polite but not rude either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eunice, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we arrived the hotel looked great and in a good location but as we went in to register it all went downhill. The lady at desk was adequate but not very friendly; almost like we were bothering her. Then we went to park by our room and there in the 5 closest parking spots was a construction truck with a trailor attached parked sideways. I understand construction was going on but to allow them to park like that in one of the prime location was crazy. Then we asked for a wake up call since we were leaving the next morning for the airport. Well as a precaution I set my phone to alarm and glad I did. I am 56 years old and have traveled more than the norm and we have never had a wake up call from a front desk be ignored until now. No wake up call at all. Luckly I had backed it up with my phone. Bad management, nice clean rooms though.

Room Tip: Make sure you have available parking near by.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Thruway/LSU Area? Share your experiences!