“Good bang for your buck.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11140 Boardwalk Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 (Formerly Crossland - Sherwood Forest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Good bang for your buck.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This is an economy suite. But well worth it when in town for business. I would stay there again if in Baton Rouge for film work. I was satisfied with the room and service. It's convenient to the studios.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and that our location met your needs. I am especially pleased to read that you appreciated our affordable rates. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff was very friendly. I dont like to complain but the rooms needed major remodeling. We had non-smoking rooms but they smelled like smoker rooms. It`s a good thing it was a small trip and I wouldn`t stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff being friendly; however, please my accept my apologies for the odor you experienced in your room. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing cleanliness standards with my housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at brs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is dirty and unsecure and I was not able to stay at the hotel. There was no agent on site after I inspected the rooms and I was told by phone to leave the key in the room. I was given a smoking room that was not locked and being used by a homeless man. After requesting another room I was given a room which was covered in dirt and had not been cleaned in weeks. I will never use Expedia again. I have cell phone photos of the dirty hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
fort lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never felt scared and unsafe at a hotel. This one was straight out of a horror movie. The door did not lock and did not close completely. You didn't even need a key to open the door just bump it open with your shoulder. The only security measure was the hasp which was missing a screw. When we first arrived the tv was on and the room smelled of recent smoking and it smelled all night. We assumed the staff hang out in that room since you don't need a key. I wanted a non smoking room! I was so disgusted by everything in the room, I didn't sleep in the bed because I was afraid of what was in the sheets. I didn't use the shower or the toilet because i was afraid of catching a flesh eating disease or something worse. Everything was falling apart in this room. I will never comeback here or recommend this place. Do not stay here especially if you are traveling with family. If you are wondering why I didn't ask for another room or refund it's because I was afraid of the staff members they are rude and intimidating. Good luck to those that still book this hotel after reading this review.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues with the door and the lack of security you encountered you described is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We take safety very seriously at our hotel. Please know that I am having my maintenance engineer repair these issues with the door to ensure our hotel is safe. As well, I do apologize that your room's condition did not meet your expectations and that you encountered such cleanliness issues. To ensure that this does not happen again, I will be working diligently with my housekeeping staff to conduct a thorough deep clean of our rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize that you received such poor service from my staff. I will conduct a meeting with my entire team to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that we are making all of our guests feel welcome. We are very thankful for your feedback while alerting us of these issues. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at brs@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel so that we can provide you with a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very clean quiet area. Service was amazing and bed was comfortable. Great location. Everything you need is around the corner. It's not a pricey hotel but they make you feel like your wanted and they are happy to see you. I am defiantly going back.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet room during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location, your comfortable bed and the great service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Horrible stay never again the size of the bed was full and the smell of smoke was bad the blanket was dirty and sticky and the television was an unexpected size for the prices of the room i was hoping to see quantity and quality

Room Tip: Ask to see before you pay but i figured the name extended stay up held a better reputation
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Candace - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at brs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

THIS hotel was very clean and fresh. The hotel staff was so friendly, I loved Darius and Tachia. They greeted me with open arms, my room was fresh and nice, everything worked and I would refer it to all my friends. 5 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasurable stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room and the service our staff provided, especially Darius and Tachia. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to you repeating your experience with us in the future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Baton Rouge - Sherwood Forest? Share your experiences!