“Close to I-10. But you can hear the traffic.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.

You added Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4646 Constitution Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta
“Close to I-10. But you can hear the traffic.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The hotel is located on a service road just off I-10. There are a few restaurants within walking distance including a Chili’s, a Mexican restaurant and if the budget permits, a Ruth’s Chris. The service road and intersection near the Interstate can get busy during rush hour, so it can take a few extra minutes getting in and out. The hotel is less than 4 miles from the LSU campus and 11 miles from the airport. The room included a 32” or so flat screen. There’s free Wi Fi throughout which was easy to connect to. Many of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in lately including this one provide a security code that is needed to access the Wi Fi, which is good for user security. The breakfast spread was standard for the chain. While I did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms, I could hear noise from the nearby interstate. I didn’t notice it so much in the evening, but by 6 a.m. (my stay was on a weekday) you could certainly hear the traffic from the highway. That was my wake-up time so it wasn't an issue for me, but later sleepers should take note.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stay at Hampton Inns an average of 2 days per month and we love them. But, this was one of the noisest hotels we have ever stayed in. Despite the fact that we were in the back half of the hotel, I had to use ear plugs to sleep. Plus the standard $95 rate was upped to $175 due to a football game at a local university!

• Stayed October 2011
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you are a light sleeper - BEWARE ! This Hampton Inn is right off of Interstate 110 and you can hear every car/truck as it drives by ! Made for a bad night's sleep. When you stay at a Hampton Inn, they are pretty consistent with what you can expect to get - so I was bummed in the morning when I went to take a shower and they failed to leave a bottle of shampoo. It's these little details which make ruin a stay. As for the staff, they are all very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is in a great location with plenty of places to eat nearby. I just wish they would have made this buidling more soundproof.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

First time in Baton Rouge was a pleasure due to the great accomodations at the Hampton Inn. Walking distance to many restaurants and bars, and historic landmarks, the hotel is perfectly situated in the downtown area. The hotel was booked solid, as there was a girls soccer tournament going on that weekend and many teams were at the hotel - no worries, though, as the entire staff was up to the challenge. There is a nice size outdoor pool, with plenty of lounge chairs for relaxation before or after sightseeing.

Room Tip: Due to scheduling conflict, I was upgraded to a junior suite, worth the Hilton honors points if able...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Whitehouse, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights to visit family. The service was great! The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to be accommodating. The complimentary breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles and cheese omelets, as well as cereal, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit and cereal. The pool was very nice and clean. Our room was very clean and with a pillow top mattress and duvet comforter, it was very comfortable.
The hotel is also ideally situated near several restaurants and is easily accessible from the interstate. I will highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool. It will be further back from the iterstate and less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dahlonega, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Was in Baton Rouge for four nights recently for business and had booked all four at this Hampton Inn. Ended up leaving after three because of problems with the air conditioner in my room making obnoxious noises that kept me awake throughout the night. To the credit of the staff, as soon as I reported the issues following the first night, they sent someone right up and replaced the air conditioner. Second night was fine; however, in the middle of the third night the new AC unit started making additional noises that were loud enough to wake me up and keep me awake. Called the front desk, but no one was available (this was well after midnight) to work on the AC unit. Staff offered to move me to a new room the following day. At this point, I was past disappointment of expecting a good night's sleep, so I simply packed up the following morning and checked out (they refunded me the rate for the third night with no questions asked and gave me no problem about checking out early). This was one of those stays with problems that were not anyone in particular's fault, but were issues nonetheless and eroded my confidence in the property to the point that I will not return. Two other minor issues were mold on the shower curtain (have never seen this in a hotel before despite traveling frequently for the last several years) and discovering leftover cookies and coffee in the trashcan from the guests before me. Also, the high speed internet was much slower than I've experienced at other Hampton properties.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

A friend and I stayed here while attending a wedding in Baton Rouge. The location was extremely convenient to the rehearsal dinner at the Camelot Club downtown as wellas to the location of the wedding at White Oak Plantation. The hotel was on I.10 with easy access to shopping and restaurants too. The breakfast was varied with hot items as well as cereals and pastries. The room was clean and well-appointed. My only complaint was thatthe bathroom was small, poorly lighted and had no exhaust fan. In the humidity of south Louisiana, the bathroom definitely needs an exhaust fan!! Otherwise our stay was very comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.

Address: 4646 Constitution Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Location: United States > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
#5 Family Hotel in Baton Rouge
#6 Business Hotel in Baton Rouge
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr. 2.5*
The Hampton Inn College Drive offers you comfortable guest rooms with modern amenities, a convenient meeting facility, and trusted Hampton Inn service in the heart of Baton Rouge.Conveniently located just off Interstate 10 and close to the airport, the Hampton Inn College Drive is within walking distance of popular restaurants and just minutes away from Louisiana State University.Recently renovated, the hotel has a clean, modern feel with new guest room furniture, granite bathrooms, and an inviting pool deck with tropical landscaping. We recently achieved an “Outstanding” score on our Quality Assurance Inspection with a 99.4% in cleanliness, and you'll see the difference when you stay at the Hampton Inn Baton Rouge. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge i-10 & College Dr. Hotel Baton Rouge
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge i-10 And College Dr.
Baton Rouge Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.