“True Southern Hospitality with Central Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Cupertino, CA
“True Southern Hospitality with Central Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this Homewood Suites on a business trip, and although I've been a long time Hilton customer, I've never stayed at Homewood before. Received a VERY warm welcome, and I was impressed with the lobby... kinda like a huge living room, and definitely made me feel welcome. EXCELLENT restaurant recommendation from the front desk clerk, who exclaimed "You're going to thank me later!". I didn't have a chance to thank her, but she was right!! So thanks!

Rooms are very good, and the only reason why it didn't receive an excellent from me is that the AC is exceptionally loud, and being in the South, during the summer, you need the AC on. The plus side is that it works great, and the room is cool and dry when it is on. The bad news is that is sounds like you are sleeping on a gate ramp in an airport. I ended up turning it off, and thankfully they have fans in the room above the bed, so I slept well.

Great hot breakfast with a nice variety awaits you in the morning, and the full kitchen was something that I would have loved to have taken advantage of... clearly Homewoods are for extended stays, and I think I'd be very happy staying there for a couple of weeks. They also have cooked meals at night, which are free, but I didn't get to try those. Looked at the menu, and it looked really enticing. Also missed the managers reception which I guess serves wine... would have liked to have participated in that just to see what it is like, but the work days were very long. Maybe next time.

What is cool about this place is that it is walking distance to several restaurants, as well as a Barnes and Noble, and there are theaters near by, so a spouse or friend traveling with you has plenty to do without a car. Generally, I'd have to say it is a really good central location, and only about 15 minutes from the airport.

The key question: would I stay there again? Absolutely. Great staff, nice rooms, terrific location. There is a lot of upside to this property and its management, and I will definitely start exploring Homewood Suites during my other travels!

Room Tip: You could ask if there is quieter AC in any of the rooms, but I doubt it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Duncan, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My son left his bag at the hotel. We were on vacation and he noticed it gone when we got to our destination. Regina, the day manager, went above and beyond to help us locate the bag, and ship it to us. She was very helpful and concerned and handled a stressful situation very well. Also her supervisor was very helpful. We appreciate their understanding of the situation, their perseverance to help us find the bag and their speediness in getting it back to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Baton Rouge, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was the worst stay at the Homewood Suites brand I've ever experienced. Door access cards (3) failed and needed to be reprogrammed each day. VERY frustrating that no locks would open (side access, and patio access doors also didn't work with those key cards). The hallway carpets, "baseboard" carpeting, and wallpaper peeling all over as if flooded out. The pool (scheduled to open at 9a) was locked at 10:15a on a weekend morning and required a 30 minute wait to get it unlocked. Staff member who came to unlock it came outside, saw us waiting, and proceeded to arrange chairs at the patio first before coming the extra 50 yards and unlocking the gate. Breakfasts were frozen/microwaved items, gravy each morning had so much salt it was inedible and waffles (the only real plus on Thursday morning) were not available on Friday or Saturday mornings. We instead paid to go eat at the cafe across the street. Room was very clean, even if very very crowded when the sofa bed was opened. Bedding/Linen items were nice (feather pillows and duvet) except for mattress which was far far too hard to sleep on, and sofa bed which was extremely thin mattress. All in all, I will not recommend this building, nor visit it again... very disappointing since I'm a very "hardcore" fan of Homewood, a silver level HHonors member, and have actively sought out this division of the Hilton product for the last couple of years when traveling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This has to be the best value for a stay in the Baton Rouge area. I was extremely pleased with my room and the service. The staff was very helpful in every way. I plan to make this my headquarters when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hard to believe the health department hasn't shut this hotel down. The slumlord that owns this place must have inherited it because it's a dive without any adherence to basic cleanliness or service standards....no person in their right mind would stay here. The people that work here, the rooms, public areas, food....everything and everybody needs an upgrade/attitude adjustment. It needs to be shut down for 6 months, gutted, flea-bombed and re-built from the studs up. Get rid of all of these people that deliver terrible service, re-train the leftovers and bring in an experienced manager that understands customer service and guest satisfaction. Cannot understand why Hilton hasn't taken away their flag!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The worst experience I've ever had. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again as long as Regina is employed here. She made the stay here very uncomfortable for my family. It was so uncomfortable to the point I had my kids hang there towels up to dry after getting out of pool to keep from calling front desk to ask her for anything. Regina is very unprofessional and I don't know where she received her title from because she's not courteous at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Mandeville, La, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This property is past its prime. The rooms could use a total makeover and for the price of $150/night is not worth your hard earned money. I am surprised Hilton let this hotel slip past its quality control. The staff were nice and helpful and the location is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!