“Terrible housekeeping department” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Mexico City, Mexico
“Terrible housekeeping department”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hyatt Place hotels are all the same, GREAT rooms and GREAT concept, very nice, very comfortable, it has bar and food 24/7 and many places around the lobby to enjoy a drink or a bit of work. the rooms are really nice with separate living room. BUT in this hotel... the housekeeping lady was knocking at the door since 8am.. then she kept slamming doors of the rooms nearby, and at 11am... she gave up and start calling to my room and hanging up so i would leave the room and she could finish her work... that was really anoying..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello,
I am truly sorry about your experience with our housekeeping department. Thanks for taking the time to complete this review. We will use it to better train our staff and get issues like these eliminated. I hope that you give us the chace to service you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Louisiana Marathon as the race hotel was sold out. It was a quick and easy drive downtown, but taking surface streets in and around the area to include The Mall of Louisiana was awful. Our room was clean and had a coffee maker, small refrigerator and sofa bed. I agree with other reviewers regarding the A/C. It never got cool enough in our room and the fan was loud. The daily hot breakfast was well stocked with a variety foods. The front desk staff was so helpful in recommending great local restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We hope that you enjoyed the Marathon! Thanks so much for the kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share this review with them!
Coon Rapids, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The pluses: Ralph and Kacoo's restaurant next door; typical layout with L shaped couch in sitting area separated from bed; hot breakfast sandwich items.
Points lost because: A/C fan does not stay on between cooling cycles resulting in very cool and then stuffy atmosphere; can keep fan on without A/C but then gets humid and under-cooled; also limited number of cable channels - significantly less than most hotels.
Traffic in area can be intense during rush hour and even other times due to mall across the street, and road patterns confusing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sorry for the A/C issues you experienced. We hope that you give us another chance to service you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here in December on a cross country road trip - which actually was a tour of 6 different Hyatt Place hotels from LA - FL. This hotel offered all of the great Hyatt Place amenities - well appointed suite, free breakfast and a convenient cafe available 24 hours a day. This was a solid Hyatt Place experience- clean, comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for this kind review! Please come back to visit us in the near future!
TEXAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great stay for the price! The room is a great set up if you have kids. We had 2 beds and a separate area with a large, sectional fold out couch. The beds were comfy and breakfast was good! We stayed at this hotel on a drive from Texas to Florida and stayed at a much more expensive hotel in Baton Rouge on the way back to Texas. Honestly, we were kicking ourselves for not staying at the Hyatt Place again.

Stayed January 2014
We're very happy that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you again very soon!!
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The property itself was fine. The positives: very spacious, good breakfast, clean, and a refreshing smell. The "needs improvement" areas: location near the highway was noisy as was the dump truck at 6:30 a.m. and the generator or compressor that made noise throughout the night. The sink nor the tub in our room drained very well but was remedied when we were allowed access to an empty room down the hall. Definitely not opposed to trying other Hyatt Place locations, but we'll probably not visit this one again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to complete this Trip Advisor review. Sorry about the noise you experieneced. We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well trained staff. Smiles and well wishes everywhere that you turned. I really enjoyed this gem of a hotel. The breakfast sandwiches are a nice change up from the standard breakfast offerings.The rooms were clean , comfortable and well laid out. The call from the front desk to ask me if a I had a good stay, was a very nice touch. I will be sure to check into Hyatt Place, the next time I have business in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind response! We hope that you come back to visit Baton Rouge very soon. Happy Holidays!!

Been to Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10? Share your experiences!