“Bum guest room; fully blocked window” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Seattle WA
“Bum guest room; fully blocked window”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

When other Priceline bidders write about the occasional bum room they get stuck with, I wondered if my turn would come. It did last night.

Room 234 for $79 bid (incl tax) had a full width window completely obstructed by a wood louver. Peeking through the slats I could see a 2 story hallway in their function room wing. The HVAC thru-wall unit was circulating indoor air from the corridor and not the outdoors. (See my pictures). I did not think this would meet occupancy building codes.

Upon arrival into the room, I collapsed from fatigue and did not think to gather my things back up, go to the front desk, and ask for a new room with daylight. The next morning when I checked out, I brought up how poor the window was, and they apologized and said I should have come back downstairs to get a new room.

The desk clerk needs to notify people they are getting one of these rooms (there are several) vs. sneaking it. The young man seemed pretty sharp, experienced; I was respectful and did nothing to deserve such a lame set up, other than get a deal on Priceline. It was finally “my turn”, I guess!

In other respects, the room was okay, more like 2 stars than 3. Having just stayed at a Crowne Plaza in Alexandria VA, this one was showing its age, had many 80’s finishes and design, and truly a major step down considering it’s sharing the same name.

Location is immediately next to the roaring state # 10 freeway. Many stores and restaurants are close by, (and PENTHOUSE strip joint). The outdoor pool is minuscule.

Oh, and the flat screen TV was never sharp focus. They must not pay for HD. Coffee maker was not working, either.

As you can tell by the tone of this, I would never return, and did not linger at all.

Room Tip: Do not accept any rooms on the 2nd floor with a fully blocked window, such as 234.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you felt like you were treated differently because you had a Priceline reservation. We treat all our guests with same level of hospitality and appreciation. We have replaced the coffee maker and the hotel soon will be converting to HD signal for better quality TV reception. We hope you give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Scott Michelet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I did a 3-night stay at this property while working with a client. The hotel appears to have been renovated in recent years. I had a good experience.

Staff I encountered were well-trained and helpful. Housekeeping and convention staff were friendly.

The gym is excellent. Well-equipped. You will get a $4.95 charge to your final bill for every entry however which is not explained anywhere and is not clear on the final bill.

I had a little niggle with their in-room coffee service. You've got to pull the entire thing out of the armoire and there's not a convenient place to plug in the coffeemaker in the bathroom. The in-room fridge is appreciated.

There were several conventions using the property during my stay but the infrastructure handles it and I didn't notice any deterioration of service.

Overall a very good experience vs. other Baton Rouge alternatives. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get above the third floor. Lighter. I had a room that looked out onto the convention center r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging our friendly staff and nice accommodations. We are proud of our 3,000 square foot well-equipped gym! Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Executive Center and we hope to see you again soon!

Sincerly,
Lewisville, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This Crowne Plazza is beautiful, most friendly, and most of all, PROFESSIONAL. The dining, while north of just good, is so much enhanced by the staff service, attitude and congeniality.

I LOVE IT, AND I stay in IHG FACILITIES NOT NEARLY SO WELL PREPARED.

Room Tip: Suites are well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. We love to hear when we have exceeded expectations. I will be sure to pass this review on to our restaurant and kitchen staff. Excellent customer service is the Crowne Plaza Executive Center's top priority and we are glad to know we provided that level of service on your recent stay with. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work and spend half the month in hotels. This hotel has the most impressive gym I've seen. Several hundred square feet with at least 40+ machines and dozens of TVs. The attached restaurant serves huge portions at reasonable prices

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza in Baton Rouge several times and it is always a wonderful experience. Everyone is very accommodating and the prices are perfect. It is a great location. There are many restaurants close by and it is also close to LSU campus. I will continue to stay at this hotel for all of my Baton Rouge visits.

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a trip to Baton Rouge to visit family. It was very nice and in a great location. The staff was very nice and accommodating. It is close to LSU for games and campus visits. We would definitely stay there again on our next trip to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time 7 years ago before my wedding and try to stay at least one a year since. A sentimental favorite of mine and always will be! My most recent stay was for 5 nights and I took part in many services while there for that extended length of time and from bar to pool to exercise facility to executive lounge everything was great

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!