“Baton Rouge Crown Plaza ...the best” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Oberlin, LA
“Baton Rouge Crown Plaza ...the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed in Baton Rouge Crowne Plaza on Monday, 7/25/2011 for a business meeting on Tuesday. The location is good for me with restaurants near by. The check-in process was good and efficient with my key waiting for me. I am a platinum priority club member and always stay on the concierge floor. The room was very clean with nice amenities. The motel provides a hospitality room for platinum members. The morning concierge room is the best. I have stayed in other Intercontinental Hotel properties. This is one of the best.
I have stayed before and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Natchitoches, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

When we first arrived, the lobby at a glance looked nice. We approached the desk, told the clerk our name for the reservation. She repeats back the type of room we had reserved. Which was a king with sleeper sofa. She left out the sleeper sofa part of the reservation. When we questioned about the sofa, she said we dont have sleeper sofas. Yes, we were told you did. She said you must have made your reservation through a third party. My husband explained to her that he had made the reservation through the hotel's website. She then said well you may have to rent a roll a way. Well, no if we had paid for a sleeper sofa. She said she had to talk to her manager and for us to have a seat in the lobby. My husband noticed the manager speaking to the clerk and he approached them, where the young woman snapped at my husband, "Sir I will be with you in a moment." My husband said, but it is my situation that you are discussing. The manager told her that they do have king rooms with sleeper sofas. Forty minutes later we board the unkempt elevator to our room. Only to discover that there was candy paper in the drawers. Back to the elevators, they were disgusting. One elevator even stopped between the 2nd and 1st floor for a brief moment. My advise is do not waste your money in this establishment. They do not even make a descent drink. I will however give kudos to the young manager. He was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

When we first arrived to the hotel I immediately fell in love with the lobby it was beautiful! However, I went into the elevator I was disgusted by the maintenance, there was food particles everywhere,it reeked of cigarettes, and it looked as if it had not been vacuumed. When we got to our room we checked around, and the bathroom was filthy (esp. the tub). I had to go to the Walmart to get sandals, I contacted the front desk and she said housekeeping would take care of it but it remained dirty. The toilet did not flush properly and the furniture had terrible stains on it, for a hotel to charge 100+/ a night I expected much better than this. We strongly contemplated going to the hotel next door and chop it up as a lost, but we decided to stay because the company we went through did not offer refunds. Most of the time we spent out of the hotel because we were so aggravated, the room keys were not working constantly and the alternative entrance into the hotel was broken so anyone off the street could come in. The "business center" was a complete joke they only had one computer, I am familiar with Crowne Plaza Hotels and I normally like them but this was a complete disappointment. Consequently, I relayed all of my issues to the front desk agent upon checking out and she did not seem the slightest concerned or apologetic. The parking was a nightmare because most of the cars were doubled park so every night we had to circle around to find a space, an attendee was only seen during the day time, I would have liked to see one at night time. I wish I would have taken photos of the big disappointment: Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge

*** The only good thing that came out of our stay was the Restaurant where we had a wonderful server, the nice gentlemen who checked us in when we first arrived, and fitness center was excellent. I would have loved to experience the swimming pool, but that was dirty as well. Also I was charged excessively on my card on file so I would make sure you keep an eye on your card, I am still awaiting a call back.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
NW Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We went to a convention and this was the hotel for the convention. It was very nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dahlonega, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a business trip and was pleased with the stay. Room was comfortable. Didn't seem as though Internet was available (I use a MiFi card, but never say a hotel-wide wireless Internet connection). Room service was prompt and courteous but aspects of the food (mainly the bread) were quite lacking. I would stay here again if my first choice hotel was unavailable. Good location, although rooms on the front of the building had a lot of noise from the Interstate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Clean room and very clean restroom. Slept like a baby at night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed here as part of a contract group. All of us were disappointed. The beds were only full-size, the rooms fairly small, and amenities limited. There was not a comfortable chair in the room at all. We also did not receive the benefits advertised such as eye mask, etc. Our family was excited about a splurge on a nice hotel. We were wrong. We will not stay here again. Although, I will say the staff was very courteous and efficient.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!