“long term stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“long term stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

Friendly accomodating staff.
All concerns have been promptly addressed.
Jacuzzi suites are pure heaven.
Love the swamp pop every weekend at Cousan's.
Get ready for the dancing with the fitness room.
Would recommend this as a place to transition from one residence to another. Or wile working in the area.
Free wifi.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Room was fair. Bath towels and wash cloths were like drying with sandpaper. Requested a first floor room but when we arrived there were none available. Very difficult for us to climb stairs due to arthritis. No blankets in room just slippery bed spreads that wouldn't stay on the bed. Very flat pillows. Would not stay here again.

Stayed November 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago, The property is under new ownership and it really shows! They have updated rooms and a great caring staff! Huge banquet area and a lounge that is open on Thursday - Saturday for you to enjoy! I will come back often it is the hidden gem of Baton Rouge!

Room Tip: Nice little getaway for a great price. Got more then I expected!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Culloden, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I was was quite nervous booking this hotel due to all of the negative reviews. I couldn't beat the price or location though. I got there around 2 and my room was ready. From the time of check in to getting to my room I encountered 3 employees, each going out of their way to greet me very politely. I would see each of these employees multiple times throughout my stay and each time I was greeted with kindness that was sincere. The room was nice and comfy. The tv was a 32" lcd mounted on the wall. Also had a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean. The only hiccup was that the cold water was room temp but only affected me brushing my teeth. My room was directly across from the pool. I could hear the kids and others at the pool but it ended at 10 each night with no issues. I had such a pleasant stay and couldn't have asked for anything more.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Disgusting doesn't even come close to how bad this place is! We stayed one night and only because we were traveling with another couple who had booked a double room for us. Should have known how bad it was gong to be based that there were doormats and slippers outside some of the room doors - long term residents at a motel is never a good sign.

Worst of all, room smelled, multiple holes in sheets, mattress was stained, hairs on hanging towels...need I say more? Slept in my clothes - not kidding. Not only the nastiest place, but asked for extra pillows to keep our heads up and away from the mattress & were told they had no extras. IF THAT's not enough to keep you away, maybe the all night roundevous of the "residents" that keep you up all night. Finishing touch was a hit & run upon our awakening to our friends vehicle & when we went to the office to report it, no apology or anything and staff REFUSED to call police or the manager...didn't have their number so she said. DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH AT THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: I only wish I could attach the pictures i took to show how nasty this place is.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Calloway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Calloway Inn and Suites

Address: 10920 Mead Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Location: United States > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Swimming Pool
#20 Business Hotel in Baton Rouge
Hotel Class:2 star — Calloway Inn and Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Calloway Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Calloway Hotel Baton Rouge

If you own or manage Calloway Inn and Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.