“romantic rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Prairieville, Louisiana
“romantic rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The rooms are very romantic. I love the mirrors on the walls.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I do not have any complaints about our stay at this hotel. We were welcomed with a smile as we walked in. The desk clerk went out of his way to answer any and all questions I had, no matter how silly they were.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The beds were also comfortable. It was hard for us to get out of them in the mornings.
The dining area was clean and well stocked with the breakfast. The cleaning staff took the time to fix my daughter's stuffed animals nice and neat on her bed instead of throwing them around.
Upon checkout the clerk smiled and thanked us and invited us back anytime we needed to go back.
I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have never stayed at a worst hotel! I booked this hotel at the last minute because the other hotels were booked for various baseball and bowling tourneys. First, the hallways smelled of an illegal substance (stayed on the 2nd floor). Then you could smell it in our room. We asked to be changed and the desk clerk said they were booked. After calling around, we had no other choice. My girls wanted to swim and when they came to the pool, there were men drinking beer and smoking something other than cigarettes. I didn't feel comfortable leaving them there alone so they did something else. The room looks like something out of the 70's, beds are hard and the rollaway was bending in so much, my friend slept on the floor for fear of falling through. To top it all off, in the morning the water did not work! i'm turning the faucets and nothing! I call down to the desk, and they acted as if it happens quite often. I was offered several bottles of water. Numerous other guests are demanding a refund and checking out. I was offered a free night's stay in that particular hotel. Please! I wouldn't go back there even if I had to sleep in my car. oh, I must add too that the people preparing breakfast were sampling the food while cooking it outside on a grill. Unsanitary conditions! I marched up to my room and checked out immediately--- Not a good place to be!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Horsheads, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The worse Microtel I've stayed in 8 years & 28 different stays. The first time I used the bathroom sink, the handle came off. The mattress & box spring were not centered on bed frame and my wife almost cut her leg on the wood/metal framing sticking out along her side of the bed. Daily room service did not clean tub, sink nor bath floor for the three days we were there. Breakfast items were very few - didn't even have toast, just bagels. AC unit was flithy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were just there for a 4 night stay and it was terrible, the room smelled of bug spray. The coffee pots down in the lobby was always empty, we watched workers fixing their breakfast as the guest was trying to eat. The noise outside of the elevators by the staff was very loud. I am planning another trip to the area but it will not be at this Inn.

Room Tip: Read all the comments that people leave for they are true.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

dirty, smelly, run down...worst patel motel I ever stayed in

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

AC unit really smelly. Walked into a room and it was like walking into a sweaty gym. The place look tired and worn. Location was great but it does not make up for the quality of room. Not what I expect from a Microtel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge/I-10? Share your experiences!