“Bit worn down, but good value and friendly staff. Would stay there again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area

You added La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2333 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-2304   |
Ranked #43 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Daejeon, South Korea
“Bit worn down, but good value and friendly staff. Would stay there again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed there for 7 nights in April on a business trip to LSU. I must be honest that first impressions were not that great; room was somewhat worn down and location is not optimal (a bit far away from everything).
However, after staying there for one week, I found the room to be quite adequate for my needs. Breakfast was quite good and staff were very friendly, always smiling. I needed some stamps for a letter, and staff gave to me without charge. I like that kind of "small favours" very much.
Wifi worked great, price was very good (50$ per night) and, well, location was still not great, but still, there are a few restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Macon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Pass if you have COPD. Nice fd people and generous breakfast but bedrooms are unsanitary, very humid in spite of loud ac unit. We started coughing, sneezing and ultimately had to turn the ac off for the night. We woke up with yellow greenish mucus full of our nose and throat.
We had never had this experience before.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

The bathroom was filthy and looked as if the bath tub had not been cleaned.I woke up to a roach crawling on my tissue box.I was disgusted.I went to use the restroom when I noticed there was female hair left on the back of the door.THe bathroom had not been cleaned well I'm not sure if it was cleaned at all.The shower is the worst part.My sister is expecting and was forced to take a cold shower.No matter how long we let the shower run it was very cold.I called the front desk and was told to turn the sink and the shower on at the same time.To me that is very ghetto and for 90 dollars we are not at all satisfied.The office was very rude, and the tv only had about 9 channels.I would not recommend this hotel for anyone because it is very uncomfortable,and unsanitary.In fact it would be very smart not to waste your money at the nasty motel.

• Stayed June 2010
Marietta, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I'm at the New Orleans Marriot on Canal Street tonight but know I got a much better deal last night at the La Quinta in Baton Rouge. 1/4 the price, room was just as clean and the breakfast saved us a stop at Mickey D's and avoided the grease. Towels were a little thin, but if that was my biggest complaint at $50 a night, I've got it pretty good. :-) I usually use my Verizon modem, but did hook up to their wifi without a password and it was fast and easy. We'll be stopping here next time too. Easy access to I-10, good restaurants close by, cheap, clean and everyone was real friendly too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

We found the room to be comfortable and the desk staff knowledgeable.

the included breakfast was underwhelming.

Not once over 20 hours were we able to log into the internet.

There are some excellent restaurants within a short distance.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We decided to stay overnight in town after my husband's christmas party. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Our room was around back and was quiet until the folks next door started stirring with their small child a little too early! Oh well... My only complaint is that the towels were thin ... investing in some new bath towels would be a good idea. Overall, we were very satified.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Montserrat
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

After a great day at the LSU Ole Miss game you get to the hotel pull back the sheets and yes they are dirty stained and so are the pillow cases. The reception can't help becuase there is no staff so here are the sheets change them yourself. They couldn't do a refund because we booked through expedia but guees what you can have a free night a see if you are lucky at another La Quinta.
Don't stay there book early and stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area? Share your experiences!