“Baton Rouge Business” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Pearland Texas, United States
“Baton Rouge Business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The absolute worse hotel in the United States. Was dirty, looked dirty, smelled dirty. Nothing in room had been cleaned. Everything about this hotel was bad from check in to check out. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Embassy Suites in Baton Rouge is one of the best places to stay in Baton Rouge. Have stayed at this Hotel multiple times and never had a bad experience. Hotel is quiet, clean and the complementary breakfast is great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have always stayed at the Hilton Chain of Embassy Suites and have always had great experiences. But we visited this location with friends for 3 nights over Easter weekend, each of us having our own rooms. When we checked in on Friday, there was dust all around the edges of the carpet, the furniture in the bedroom was dusty, the remote control for the TV was buried under the top coverlet so guests had to search for it as it wasn't in plain sight of the guest, there was no regular coffee in the containers, just decaffeinated, and the control button of the mini refrigerator was broken off therefore the freezer part was full of frost and the door on the freezer part kept falling off when you opened the refrigerator door. On Sat. we came back to our rooms 3 times during the day. Our friends room had been done up by the maids early that morning but our room never did get made up. We kept checking with staff at front desk each time we returned and they informed us our room was still on the list to be cleaned. We returned for the final time at 10:30 p.m. our room was still not cleaned. We had no towels, our one waste basket was full and couldn't handle any more waste. Had no coffee or cups. So we went again to the front desk to ask again about it. I asked to speak to the manager. Was told by the young girl I was speaking to that she was the Manager. All she did was apologize. She said cleaning crew was gone for night, which I assumed that. She never offered to give me anything, so I had to ask for towels, a plastic bag for the garbage, coffee which she only had 1 pkg. that makes 1 cup worth so my husband didn't get coffee the next morning til the breakfast buffet opened. The manager acted like "Oh well what do you want me to do". Very unprofessional. On way our way back up to our room by way of elevator, another lady got into elevator with towels, soap in her arms. She said her room had not been cleaned either and she had asked front desk about it all day and she belonged to a room on the floor up from ours (8th floor). Well our fiends had their own problems. They reported to desk on Sat. that their toilet wasn't working right. Never got looked at or fixed. Easter Sunday it still was not working right. Water kept coming to top of toilet and wouldn't flush and go down right. Was reported to front desk again. By Monday morning when we checked out,, the toilet wouldn't even flush so both of friends had to go down to the lobby just to use the toilet early that morning. The hotel did finally compensate each of us for 1 nights free room but we had to ask for it as the staff never offered anything. They only kept saying they were sorry but would never offer us the reasons for the inefficiencies or explain what they were doing about it. They just didn't seem to care. We have no plans at staying at this hotel in Baton Rouge again, until we hear that things have changed with the caring of their staff & services. The only staff that was excellent, was the breakfast buffet staff, food was excellent and the service was great & staff was friendly and courteous!

Room Tip: The families with young children seem to be located in the lower floors. The upper rooms were quiet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Antwerpen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I cannot accept a hotel not providing free wifi in all commons areas and hotel rooms in the year 2013 - it should be included as part of the base service, just like AC, runnning water, electricity, in room safe and bed. The hotel is clean, breakfast service is very slow but the selection and quality is ok.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our resort. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

While the building was older, the accommodations were clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast lines in the morning get a little long on the weekends, but weekdays were fine. We were a family of 5 and when we requested more towels from the housekeeping staff, there was some resistance. Despite our request, we did not receive extras for the rest of our stay. Lobby was nice with a koi pond for the kids to look at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel was clean & room was great. The only complaint is that we were told the shuttle was running to the concert we were going to, that's why we booked this particular hotel. Upon arrival, we were told because of heavy traffic, the shuttle would not be running. Ended up spending $30 on a taxi to & from the concert. Very disappointing for such a nice place to go back on what we told when we booked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to express my apologies for the miscommunication with regard to the shuttle service. Our hotel shuttle is available from 6am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Unfortunately, it is only available for runs to the Baton Rouge Metro Airport and within a 3 mile radius to local establishments. This does not include any events in the Baton Rouge area. Because we provide service to and from the airport, we cannot tie up the driver during events such as concerts, games, etc.

My apologies again for any inconveniences you experienced and I hope you afford us a second chance for your future lodging needs.

Have a great day.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in Baton Rouge for a funeral. The location was easily accessible right off interstate 10. I like staying at Embassy Suites because the rooms are the perfect size for my family size. It is very nice having a microwave and mini refrigerator in the room, especially with children. I also enjoy the fact that breakfast is included in the stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The cook at the omelette bar ( hate I cannot remember his name) was very friendly. It does seem that the bathrooms in this location are quite small. The bathrooms in most Embassy Suites are not that large but these seem to be smaller than usual. Two complaints I do have about the room are 1) The heating/ cooling unit made a very loud noise each time it came on. Loud enough to wake me from my sleep. 2) on the morning of my check-out which was Wednesday, March 27, there were loud noises that sound like someone was doing some drilling in the walls. I thought it was only in my room, but my parents were two doors down from me and the noise could be heard in their room as well. Overall, my stay was ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for all the kind words about your recent stay with us. I am extremely thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves and also enjoyed our great location, steps away from everything.
We hope that you choose to stay with us again so we can demonstrate our great hospitality.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!