“Embassy Suites Baton Rouge - don't do it” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% off for our military
Ranked #38 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Chicago
“Embassy Suites Baton Rouge - don't do it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was in need of several repairs: towel hook on bathroom door falling out; trim around base of bar area missing exposing the dirty plywood base; leftovers from previous guests left in drawers (empty bags, etc); mini-bar appeared to be torn out of it's space in the bar without any reagard for repairing the space it was in; room had not been vaccumed; not offered complimentary internet access as a Hilton Honors member.

Staff was polite and courteous. No other issues other than the condition of the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I have reviewed reviewed your comments about your stay at Embassy Suites Baton Rouge hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with engineering and housekeeping during your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to the managers of those departments to be addressed and rectified.

I appreciate your feedback because it enables us to address specific areas of improvement.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Intended to stay for 2 nights, but shortened our reservation to 1 after spending only a few minutes in our room. Rooms are old, with old furniture, old linens, stains everywhere (floor, ceiling, etc.), hairs in the tub, and general neglect. The blankets for the sofa bed appear to be made out a foam material, which we didn't want to touch.

The staff is friendly and the interior courtyard are pleasant to look at, but unless and until this place gets seriously refurbished inside, I see no reason to visit or return.

We moved our second night's reservation to the doubletree 2 doors down and are extremely pleased.

Room Tip: Try the doubletree 2 doors down.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sad to hear about the multiple inconveniences you experienced at our property. We have implemented certain protocols within our housekeeping and engineering departments to perfect our interior decor and make our facility more inviting. Despite the inconveniences, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and courteous staff and our atrium.

We hope that you would consider visiting our property again in the future, so we may display our efforts. Thanks again for sharing your comments.
Bunkie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was very friendly. The room was clean and plenty of room to relax. The bed was comfortable. Great full breakfast breakfast. Check out was quick and easy.

Room Tip: Water pressure was a little low on the 8th floor but acceptable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I have reviewed your comments and I wanted to thank you for the awesome comment. We strive to provide excellent customer service and a superior product. The family atmosphere is prevalent at our hotel because our guest are family. We look forward to future visits at our property and have a wonderful day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I am currently at the hotel with a party of 5. You are charged $10 for each device that,you connect for each day. Are you kidding me. I didn't know you would be charged for each device. Another thing it keeps kicking me off the interne, depending on where you're standing in the room.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Baton Rouge hotel. Since your stay with us, we have done a few upgrades with our wireless internet system. These upgrades have helped with rectifying our guest complaints, such as yourself. But, we are still constantly working to improve our internet service.

We try to remain competitive with hotels in our areas that are full service. Although we charge $9.95 for 24 hours per device, we do reward our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members or their loyalty.

Thanks again for giving us constructive feedback and we will put it to good use. We hope you did have a chance to enjoy our free breakfast and manager's reception while you were here.
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the hotel while conveniently located is very updated when compared to other Embassy Suites hotels. The rooms, particularly the carpet could use an upgrade. Our toilet struggled to flush consistently. One of the elevators didn't work and the 3 that did are the slowest elevators I've ever used. They need to update these very badly.

The staff was pleasant though not the best I've encountered.

The breakfast is the highlight. The selection is outstanding and very good. I don't always eat hotel breakfast but ate this both mornings.

I stayed at this hotel because I'm a Hilton Diamond. I'd probably stay here again but as I said it needs major upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was very prompt and courteous. The location of this hotel is very convenient, especially if you are doing anything at LSU. And, who wouldn't pass up a hotel offering free drinks? Also, definitely hit the breakfast in the morning, especially the omlet bar!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I have reviewed your comments about your recent stay at our property. I am so glad you enjoyed our facilities. The manager's reception is indeed a great way to un-wind after a difficult day and the full cooked to order breakfast is an awesome start as well. Thanks again for your awesome comments and we look forward to you staying with us again soon!!
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed during the week for three nights and it was very accomodating. The breakfast in the morning was very good and with cook to order omelets. Would give this only a 4.5 out of 5 though due to the internet being very slow. Overall very quiet and safe location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks a million for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel for your lodging needs. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities, staff, and facility. Many do enjoy our manager's reception and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!