“Wifi charge” 4 of 5 stars

10% off for our military
Ranked #38 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
“Wifi charge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I am currently at the hotel with a party of 5. You are charged $10 for each device that,you connect for each day. Are you kidding me. I didn't know you would be charged for each device. Another thing it keeps kicking me off the interne, depending on where you're standing in the room.

• Stayed February 2013
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Baton Rouge hotel. Since your stay with us, we have done a few upgrades with our wireless internet system. These upgrades have helped with rectifying our guest complaints, such as yourself. But, we are still constantly working to improve our internet service.

We try to remain competitive with hotels in our areas that are full service. Although we charge $9.95 for 24 hours per device, we do reward our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members or their loyalty.

Thanks again for giving us constructive feedback and we will put it to good use. We hope you did have a chance to enjoy our free breakfast and manager's reception while you were here.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the hotel while conveniently located is very updated when compared to other Embassy Suites hotels. The rooms, particularly the carpet could use an upgrade. Our toilet struggled to flush consistently. One of the elevators didn't work and the 3 that did are the slowest elevators I've ever used. They need to update these very badly.

The staff was pleasant though not the best I've encountered.

The breakfast is the highlight. The selection is outstanding and very good. I don't always eat hotel breakfast but ate this both mornings.

I stayed at this hotel because I'm a Hilton Diamond. I'd probably stay here again but as I said it needs major upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was very prompt and courteous. The location of this hotel is very convenient, especially if you are doing anything at LSU. And, who wouldn't pass up a hotel offering free drinks? Also, definitely hit the breakfast in the morning, especially the omlet bar!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I have reviewed your comments about your recent stay at our property. I am so glad you enjoyed our facilities. The manager's reception is indeed a great way to un-wind after a difficult day and the full cooked to order breakfast is an awesome start as well. Thanks again for your awesome comments and we look forward to you staying with us again soon!!
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed during the week for three nights and it was very accomodating. The breakfast in the morning was very good and with cook to order omelets. Would give this only a 4.5 out of 5 though due to the internet being very slow. Overall very quiet and safe location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks a million for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel for your lodging needs. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities, staff, and facility. Many do enjoy our manager's reception and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a nice property except for the elevators are so slow you can miss the entire morning waiting for a ride to the first floor for breakfast. Bring your toothbrush and toothpaste with you because if you need to ride back up to brush, you will miss your morning appoinments. To make matters worse, the hotel has 4 elevators and one of them was out of service. so slower became slower slower. Surely there is a solution to speed this up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am so disappointed to hear you were not pleased with the elevator issues during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the Engineering Manager, but you can rest assured that we have had our elevators serviced since your stay with us.

We look forward to having you again in the near future so we can display our great personality.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

You get your money back with the free breakfast and complimentary drinks in the evening. We stay here yearly when our daughter swims at LSU. We love the hotel and the staff is very friendly. Bedding was nice too. If you don't have kids, I would check to see if the hotel is hosting any large groups. We came with our swim team and the kids were fine. I could see it being a negative though if I wanted something more serene.

Room Tip: The eighth floor is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our swim team and had a great experience. There were a TON of other teams (swim and other sports) there as well so the place was crawling with kids of all ages. This was perfect for my family but I'm guessing not so great if you were not traveling with your kids. The kids were all over the place, running around, up and down the elevator, etc. The biggest issue was that with all the guests and the kids running around, there was often a long wait for the elevator.

We actually had no issues with breakfast and absolutely loved our made to order omelets and pancakes. Delicious!! We ate early enough that we did not have to deal with a long line, though later in the morning there was a very long line.

For the amount we paid with our group rate, including breakfast, this hotel was a steal! We really enjoyed it and would definitely return with our team again.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the first floor!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!