“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Fort Worth, TX
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I would give this Embassy Suites a 5 if they did not charge for wireless internet. I don't understand having to pay $9.95 per day as a HH member. Other than that, this hotel is excellent. Breakfast is good, of course it will be busy if you wait until the busiest times to go eat. Go between 6 and 6:30 and the service is great. I am staying here now and the rooms are extremely clean and spacious. As others have said the bathrooms are on the small side but everything else is great. The food is great, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I would highly recommend staying here if you have the chance. I have absolutely no complaints other than the internet charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wetumpka, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice clean comfortable room but be sure to go to breakfast at least 30 minutes before it ends. We got there about 10 minutes before it ended, stood in line several minutes for an omelete, and had to ask for jelly and butter because it was all taken up at 9AM sharp. There were no to-go cups for our coffee. I always stay at Hilton properties, but have never experienced this before.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
First of all, thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our during our breakfast time. I apologize if you felt rushed in any way. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to have a relaxing and inviting experience while staying with us and very much regret if we were not able to deliver this to you. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I love Embassy Suites overall usually. This particular ES in Baton Rouge is the standard and would have gotten at least a "Very Good" rating. However, for a business class hotel especially it should have dependable fast wireless for free. $10 bucks PER DEVICE? Uh uh. This is almost 2013 why charge for this service, when even Mickey D's gives it to you for free? That's was the words of my 18 year old son!
To their credit...the hotel did waive my fee. You can expect the usual from Embassy Suites in Baton Rouge, it is clean, comfortable, the staff overall what one should expect. The breakfast was good with variety but the lines to the cooks were confusing and the pancake cook was a bit rude....but I will forgive that because perhaps they were overwhelmed with the crowd and I wasn't in the best of moods since there was a charge for wireless.
Also, the shower was hot but the plumbing was a bit shaky -- the shower spray was off and with the shower on it continued to leak water out of the faucet. Oh yeah, I started to watch 2 movies on the one HBO channel and then after about 15 minutes the signal dropped. Boo.

The price was reasonable...so it is worth a stay if you don't need to stay connected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I was very happy to read from you review that you found our rooms to be comfortable. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming and comfortable stay with us. I do understand that you were inconvenienced by not having Wi-Fi available in your room. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I can assure you that I have taken your comments into consideration. Also, I thank you for bringing up to my attention that there were some maintenance issues in your room. I have spoken to our maintenance crew and have fixed the shower head and leaky faucet. Again I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband surprised me with a romantic night and he couldn't have chosen a better hotel. I t is absolutley beautiful. The staff is amazing. The happy hour is very nice, with free drinks and snacks. The cook to order breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: KIng suite is a 2 room suite with 2 TVs...very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thanks a million for considering the Embassy Suites Hotel, Baton Rouge. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities, staff, and facility. Many do enjoy our manager's reception and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Well, I gave this property a second chance. I found the exact same problems I had the first time, and now this time my room was even worse.

The bathroom was still littered with dust everywhere. The ducts had not been cleaned. The wall sockets and switches apparently weren't even hit with so much as compressed air or a damp towel.

Housekeeping didn't replace toiletries like shampoo. So on the third morning of my stay, I lacked shampoo.

The furniture in the room this visit was beat up. The closest with the ironing board lacked a handle. The four handles to the old closet had all broken off. This is something that needs to be added to the housekeeper's checklist. Or something the housekeeper needs to bring to the attention of management for repair or replacement.

With my first review two months ago, I appreciated that the manager replied, but found the reply to be the prepared, insincere corporate cookie-cutter reply that most all of their negative reviews receive. They may "value your opinions," but be assured they do not take corrective action on your concerns. They had two months to complete a simple cleaning of guestrooms in the property, but apparently chose to ignore guests concerns or ignore basic cleaning and maintenance.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room":::try a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We apologize that you did not see an improvement on your previous stay. We do value feedback and apologize that it was not implemented in a timely fashion. I would like for you to contact the hotel directly to help remedy the situation.
Our main phone number is 225-924-6566 or you can email me at jovelle.landry@hilton.com.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Have a great day.
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay at Embassy Suites for their consistent quality, but unfortunately this one did not live up to the name. There was no hot water (they did apologize and said it was a system issue). The internet kept going out constantly when trying to use it so I could not get any work done. The coffee maker leaked so it made a mess and I couldn't get a full cup of coffee. The toilet required holding the handle for about 10 - 20 seconds for it to flush.

I wish I had better things to say. Everything else was good and a typical Embassy Suites, but those items will have me look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service and amenities you deserve. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters as well the internet. Our Chief of Engineer has worked diligently to improve our water heating system and it has been working successfully since that particular incident. We also contacted our Stay Connected Internet services to ensure that we will not have any issues with our network. We hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It is cold in the lobby, but other than that, it is the average hotel you expect from a Embassy suites. If you are going to Baton Rouge, this hotel is the most convenient as it is right on the interstate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Embassy Suites Baton Rouge Hotel. I didn't see that you mentioned, but I hope that you had a chance to try our complimentary cooked to order breakfast, as well as our nightly manager's reception.

I hope that you stay with us again. Have a great day.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!