“We shouldn't pay for wireless- especially spotty weak wireless!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% off for our military
Ranked #35 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Memphis
“We shouldn't pay for wireless- especially spotty weak wireless!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I love Embassy Suites overall usually. This particular ES in Baton Rouge is the standard and would have gotten at least a "Very Good" rating. However, for a business class hotel especially it should have dependable fast wireless for free. $10 bucks PER DEVICE? Uh uh. This is almost 2013 why charge for this service, when even Mickey D's gives it to you for free? That's was the words of my 18 year old son!
To their credit...the hotel did waive my fee. You can expect the usual from Embassy Suites in Baton Rouge, it is clean, comfortable, the staff overall what one should expect. The breakfast was good with variety but the lines to the cooks were confusing and the pancake cook was a bit rude....but I will forgive that because perhaps they were overwhelmed with the crowd and I wasn't in the best of moods since there was a charge for wireless.
Also, the shower was hot but the plumbing was a bit shaky -- the shower spray was off and with the shower on it continued to leak water out of the faucet. Oh yeah, I started to watch 2 movies on the one HBO channel and then after about 15 minutes the signal dropped. Boo.

The price was reasonable...so it is worth a stay if you don't need to stay connected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I was very happy to read from you review that you found our rooms to be comfortable. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming and comfortable stay with us. I do understand that you were inconvenienced by not having Wi-Fi available in your room. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I can assure you that I have taken your comments into consideration. Also, I thank you for bringing up to my attention that there were some maintenance issues in your room. I have spoken to our maintenance crew and have fixed the shower head and leaky faucet. Again I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband surprised me with a romantic night and he couldn't have chosen a better hotel. I t is absolutley beautiful. The staff is amazing. The happy hour is very nice, with free drinks and snacks. The cook to order breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: KIng suite is a 2 room suite with 2 TVs...very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thanks a million for considering the Embassy Suites Hotel, Baton Rouge. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities, staff, and facility. Many do enjoy our manager's reception and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Well, I gave this property a second chance. I found the exact same problems I had the first time, and now this time my room was even worse.

The bathroom was still littered with dust everywhere. The ducts had not been cleaned. The wall sockets and switches apparently weren't even hit with so much as compressed air or a damp towel.

Housekeeping didn't replace toiletries like shampoo. So on the third morning of my stay, I lacked shampoo.

The furniture in the room this visit was beat up. The closest with the ironing board lacked a handle. The four handles to the old closet had all broken off. This is something that needs to be added to the housekeeper's checklist. Or something the housekeeper needs to bring to the attention of management for repair or replacement.

With my first review two months ago, I appreciated that the manager replied, but found the reply to be the prepared, insincere corporate cookie-cutter reply that most all of their negative reviews receive. They may "value your opinions," but be assured they do not take corrective action on your concerns. They had two months to complete a simple cleaning of guestrooms in the property, but apparently chose to ignore guests concerns or ignore basic cleaning and maintenance.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room":::try a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We apologize that you did not see an improvement on your previous stay. We do value feedback and apologize that it was not implemented in a timely fashion. I would like for you to contact the hotel directly to help remedy the situation.
Our main phone number is 225-924-6566 or you can email me at jovelle.landry@hilton.com.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Have a great day.
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay at Embassy Suites for their consistent quality, but unfortunately this one did not live up to the name. There was no hot water (they did apologize and said it was a system issue). The internet kept going out constantly when trying to use it so I could not get any work done. The coffee maker leaked so it made a mess and I couldn't get a full cup of coffee. The toilet required holding the handle for about 10 - 20 seconds for it to flush.

I wish I had better things to say. Everything else was good and a typical Embassy Suites, but those items will have me look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service and amenities you deserve. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters as well the internet. Our Chief of Engineer has worked diligently to improve our water heating system and it has been working successfully since that particular incident. We also contacted our Stay Connected Internet services to ensure that we will not have any issues with our network. We hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It is cold in the lobby, but other than that, it is the average hotel you expect from a Embassy suites. If you are going to Baton Rouge, this hotel is the most convenient as it is right on the interstate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Embassy Suites Baton Rouge Hotel. I didn't see that you mentioned, but I hope that you had a chance to try our complimentary cooked to order breakfast, as well as our nightly manager's reception.

I hope that you stay with us again. Have a great day.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

this is always my destination when I stay for football games in the BTR area. Close to great restaurants, next to I-10 exit, close to Tiger Stadium and everyone from the front desk to the maintenance man are very friendly.

Room Tip: Away form elevators and either the 7Th or 8th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks a million for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel, Baton Rouge as your choice destination for the LSU games. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, staff, and amenities. Geaux Tigers !!!!!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family & I (5 people) were in Baton Rouge for the LSU/Alabama football game. I made a reservation in March 2012 for two nights stay (Friday and Saturday) 2 double beds. As customary for me, I called a week in advance to confirm everything was set for our stay. Upon arrival, we were told ESPN took all of their 2 double bed suites. They could put us in a king bed suite (which would've left one of my family without a bed). They said they could relocate us to another hotel and were very apologetic. They welcomed us to come back the next morning for their lovely breakfast (which we did). The neighboring hotel, Crowne Plaza, accomodated us with two rooms (it took several phone calls from the manager of CP to the manager of ES, because CP only wanted to give us one regular room). CP could only give us a room for Friday night and ES could give us our requested room for Saturday night. It was a major inconvenience for us to unpack, repack, move hotels, store our things (we had an early tailgate), check in (1:00 AM before we got to the hotel after the game), get to our room, go back to the front desk to get our luggage (we were told by ES they would have our luggage in our room when we arrived & I reminded them of that when we stored our luggage). Finally we were able to shower and go to bed. This was an aggravating experience. Even though ES paid for our CP hotel expense, I feel they should have comped our stay for Saturday night at ES. I'm not sure that the lovely breakfast that ES offers is enough to bring me back. The CP had a much nicer, newer look to the room. ES needs an overhaul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!