“Bumped!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Bumped!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family & I (5 people) were in Baton Rouge for the LSU/Alabama football game. I made a reservation in March 2012 for two nights stay (Friday and Saturday) 2 double beds. As customary for me, I called a week in advance to confirm everything was set for our stay. Upon arrival, we were told ESPN took all of their 2 double bed suites. They could put us in a king bed suite (which would've left one of my family without a bed). They said they could relocate us to another hotel and were very apologetic. They welcomed us to come back the next morning for their lovely breakfast (which we did). The neighboring hotel, Crowne Plaza, accomodated us with two rooms (it took several phone calls from the manager of CP to the manager of ES, because CP only wanted to give us one regular room). CP could only give us a room for Friday night and ES could give us our requested room for Saturday night. It was a major inconvenience for us to unpack, repack, move hotels, store our things (we had an early tailgate), check in (1:00 AM before we got to the hotel after the game), get to our room, go back to the front desk to get our luggage (we were told by ES they would have our luggage in our room when we arrived & I reminded them of that when we stored our luggage). Finally we were able to shower and go to bed. This was an aggravating experience. Even though ES paid for our CP hotel expense, I feel they should have comped our stay for Saturday night at ES. I'm not sure that the lovely breakfast that ES offers is enough to bring me back. The CP had a much nicer, newer look to the room. ES needs an overhaul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1982KarlaH
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Business run to B.R., wife at home. I do like the location, just don't get a room facing north to the interstate. Convenient to many restaurants off College Drive. The property itself is showing it's age. Rooms are still comfortable, but getting a little run down from too many LSU football partys. Breakfast is always good and the parking is convenient. Downstairs bar is lively and good for the evening reception. All in all, there are better hotel choices in B.R. but if you are a creature of habit, this will suffice for an Embassy.

Room Tip: Just make sure that you get a room that doesn't face the high way.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I was disappointed to hear the concerns you had in reference to our property. I have forwarded your information to the appropriate departments for review. I am so glad you had a chance to enjoy our facilities.
The manager's reception is indeed a great way to un-wind after a difficult day and the full cooked to order breakfast is an awesome start as well.
Thanks again for sharing your comments. Have a wonderful day.
Central Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would rate this property Excellent IF the furnishings in the suites were updated. The furnishings look like they came straight from the 1980's. The free breakfast is good as is the managers reception. (Why is it called a managers reception? I've never seen a manager at this property at the reception!)

Housekeeping is very good. The suite was spotless. Once again, the room's furnishings is the only downside. Bed was VERY comfortable.

You can not beat the location. Close to downtown and close to LSU.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
I have reviewed your comments and I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to evaluate your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and a superior product.
With regard to the hotel furnishings, I have shared your comments with our Executive Committee as they are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Have a great day.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I visited recently for an LSU football game.  My first visit to Baton Rouge. I found the hotel easily off the interstate. The exterior seemed fine and the interior had a cool New Orleans motif going on.  The front desk staff were super friendly.

My room was sizable, but a major disappointment.  The suite is big, but the bathroom is small compared to the rest of the rooms.  The bathroom and bedroom are in need of a major dust cleaning. The bathroom vents need major duct cleaning as there's so much dust build up that it looks as if the vents haven't been cleaned since the building opened.

I saw heavy dust build up on the bedroom furniture as well.  Once you wiped the dust off you'd find bedroom furnishings that were pretty badly best up. Lots of scuffs and gouges in the wood work.

On the second day of my visit, I was upset to find that housekeeping had shorted me two bath towels. It's aggravating having to call the front desk for more towels.

Outside my room I found an old beat up vacuum cleaner that sat in the hallway overnight.

My stay was marred by the dust. Sleeping in a room like that is killer for anyone with allergies, asthma or any other pulmonary condition. I doubt I'll return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IntegrityTravel
I was disappointed to hear the concerns you had in reference to our property. I assure you this information will be forwarded to the appropriate managers to better facilitate and accommodate our guests needs. We value your opinions and thank you for your concerns.
Despite the areas of improvement, we hope that you will afford us a second chance to make things right.

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for just two nights and felt it was comfortable. Our room was clean and large enough, although the bathroom was very small. We didn't spend much time at the hotel itself, but did take advantage of the breakfast each morning. The made to order omelettes were a nice addition to the standard breakfast bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks a million for considering the Embassy Suites Hotel, Baton Rouge. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our facilities and amenities. Our waterfall with the koi fish is a breathtaking scenery when you enter our hotel.
We hope to be your lodging destination in your future visits. Thanks again.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

When entering the hotel, the sight is very beautiful: the lobby is old style southern, and the atrium is decorated to look like a New Orleans courtyard, with wrought iron railings/ balconies and a gazebo. What worked well in the common areas did not do so well in the rooms: very dark, old fashioned furniture plus a sink in the bedroom gave a dated feeling. Ok, the mold smell is pretty much ubiquitious in BTR, part of the LA charme. Cleaniness seemed ok until I looked at the outlet and switch in the bathroom which looked like a safety hazard and was crusted with old grime. Not a nice sight when brushing one's teeth... While the suite is decent sized, the bathroom is tiny, crowded even with only a single person, forget about being in there with another person. I guess that explains the sink in the bedroom... Breakfast is complementary and ok. The highlight is the freshly prepared omelettes. And when I stood there in front of the breakfast bar, eyeing the scrambled eggs, the cook hurried over and gave me delicious freshly made scrambled eggs. Very much appreciated. Staff is generally very nice, always greeting friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I have reviewed your comments and have forwarded to the appropriate managers. We are working diligently to ratify the renovation requirements.
We are glad to hear that our staff displayed excellent customer service while you were here with us.
We hope you would visit us in the future, so we may display our efforts.
Thanks a million for choosing Embassy Suites Hotel and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in many Embassy Suites over the years and have always been impressed with the accommadations. We were very disappointed with the Baton Rouge location.
The Hotel info channel advertizes that the hotel is "recently refurbished". That is not what we found. The furniture was very old and worn. There were multiple scratches and dings. The mini kitchen builtins were in worse shape that the sleeping area.
The bathroom door was rotting and in need of some paint.
When we made the reservation we requested a room that was away from the Interstate so that it would be quieter. We got a room in the back of the hotel. During the night, we hear a banging noise that repeated every 15 - 20 minutes all night long.
Even the breakfast was disappointing.
I will never stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Just because a hotel is part of a chain, don't trust that they will all be of the same quality.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
I am sad to hear about the multiple inconveniences you experienced at our property. I have forwarded the information to the appropriate managers and I assure you, we are working diligently to identify and rectify departments to perfect our interior decor and make our facility more inviting.
I appreciate your feedback because it enables us to address specific areas for improvement. We hope that you reconsider staying with us again so that we can display our commitment to your comfort.