“Dissapointed” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was ok with this hotel until it came time for us to come up to our room for the night. We had a studio suite with a sofa bed (which my boys slept on). I went to front desk to ask for blankets and pillows which were given. When i got back to room there were no pillow cases and the blankets felt like paper thin rubber. I was not at all pleased with this! But did not make a big deal about it. I did go back to desk and ask for pillow cases for 2 pillows and was told they had no more cases. Why pay to have a good place to rest and be comfortable if you have to bring all your pillows and blankets from home? This was very dissapointing to me. I am not one to make a big fuss but my family and I were here for a few days and expected to at least have a comfortable sleep.These days you have to stretch your every dollar but i was stunned about the blankets and pillows given.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Monroe, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was very pleased with the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff. The breakfast was very good and the quality of the room was very good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Natchez, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Always a Friendly Staff. Have never had a single problem and have stayed there numerous times. Close to the Mall of Louisiana and other shopping areas.

Room Tip: I like the Studeo Suites.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Not great. Not bad. Carpets are filthy. Overall would stay there again. Breakfast was great compared to other Hamptonn Inn's.

• Stayed April 2012
Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I understand the condition of the carpet was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge the next time your travels bring you back to the area.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just spent 4 nights at the Hampton Inn I-10 ( near intersection of Reiger & Seigen) based on the good reviews and all I can say is...we must be way pickier than the other reviewers because we were very disappointed. First let me preface that we are long time Hilton Honors members and we stay in hotels approx 7-10 nights a month and usually always stay at Hilton or Marriott properties and we are very sensitive to cleanliness and attention to detail. On entry to the hotel it looked nice..even a bit elegant..and smelled fresh & clean, a good sign. We did get nice accommodation from the nice guy( did not get his name) at check in who arranged for us a double room that we needed( they only had Kings when we made the reservation). Our room was a standard double, had rather dated, but classic Hampton furniture and the beds were fine...linens standard Hampton fare & feather pillows; bathroom was clean but nothing special...lights were dim Obama-bulbs; all what we would expect at a Hampton, nothing less, nothing more. HOWEVER, the carpet in our room looked old & worn & was filthy and sticky with lots of dark spots especially behind the doors and along the baseboards . You could not go barefoot w/o the grungy feeling of dirty carpet on your feet. yuk! Also the hall carpets needed vacuuming when we checked in on day 1, and were still un-vacuumed on day 5 when we checked out, evidenced by the same lint, string, small pieces of paper & trash etc all over. Although our house keeping was done well, and timely, we don't believe our room was ever vacuumed during our stay. We also had a trail of ants roaming for days by the AC. Stomping them didn't get rid of them. We were in town for an event that kept us away from the hotel from very early morning until evening each day, so we just lived with the situation during our stay. On checkout we spoke with the front desk about our findings and although they were cordial, they seemed only mildly concerned and didn't offer any compensation as per the Hampton 100% guarantee.
The hotel has all the features of being great...nice architecture in the lobby & friendly day staff at front desk, but it just falls short, at least on the 2nd floor where we stayed. Probably would not stay at this property again unless they replace the carpet or at least get a housecall from the Rug Doctor .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
West Monroe, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was a great hotel for an overnight trip. Extra clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was more excellent. There is a lot of road construction in this area but we could not hear any of it from out room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold member and stay frequently at Hampton Inns. The one in Baton Rouge should be the model for how the hotels are operated and how the staff are trained nation-wide.

I arrived with a colleague from work who had stayed there previously and every member of the staff recognized her and called her by name. This is the first Hampton Inn where I actually received my on-site bonus for being a Gold member.

The rooms were standard-fare for Hampton Inn - spacious and clean. But, unlike most Hamptons, there was nothing broken, nothing that didn't work.

Kudos to the staff here for running a great establishment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East? Share your experiences!