“My first time” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“My first time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My experience was ok...nothing special. The service was great, very attentive. Although the waiter didn't remember who ordered what. The food was ok I guess, for TexMex. Nothing special at all. It's not one of those restaurants that I must go back to.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans
“Don't even slow down......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Got there too late for lunch....so had to order from DINNER menue.
Was amazed at how small the portion was. One Qeusadilla shell cut into 3 pieces, a handful of beans, little bit of rice. Tasteless. I said something to the Manager and his response was 'if you order it as an Appetizer you get more'.
It USED to be a good restaurant..............now it might be an 'ok' bar.......but it's a chain and it is DOWNHILL.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Louisiana
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ordered the Taco Salad and water. My friend ordered and enchilada plate with margarita. My taco shell was fried beyond recognition and dripping in grease. I wish I had a photo of the shell- it was unbelievable.The beans were the worst I've ever had at a restaurant and everything was topped with low-quality mozzarella cheese and low on actual seasoning/flavor. The salsa was no more than acceptable and still the best thing I ate there. Furthermore, the waiter made certain my friend's margarita was refilled while I sat on the hot patio without a single refill on my water. Water doesn't add to the price of the tab, so he knew who to cater to and never acknowledged me. Real jerk. Its a lovely place with an awesome patio. But the food and service were horrible on the day we went and I certainly will not be back. Waste of money, waste of time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Great Mexican Food with fantastic patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This location on Government Street recently completed a wonderful renovation with patio dining in the back of the property so you are not exposed the all the Government Street traffic. Great margaritas and wonderful ceviche. The freshest fish in the tacos and they don't use Tilapia but Mahi Mahi which is much better. Our waiter was wonderful and spoke great English even though he told us he was from Guatemala but had been at the restaurant for 12 years. I have been to this location for lunch and had the tortilla soup which is the best I have ever had at a restaurant. With so many options for Mexican restaurants in Baton Rouge, this one is a winner.

Baton Rouge
“Great Mexican Food at reasonable price and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of our main Go-To's when we want to eat well in baton rouge but don't want hoity-toity. Food is excellent, prices are very reasonable. Kids love the chips and salsa, which I also find excellent!
Check it out.