“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Netherlands
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We made a tour through the south of the USA. We spent two nights in this hotel. The location where it is located is convenient to restaurants and attractions (Myrtles Plantation for example). The room was tidy and well. There is free and fast WIFI. The outdoor pool was clean and well maintained. The breakfast is just to American standards in a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Shreveport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I'm a native of Baton Rouge, and remember when this hotel was built back in the mid-80s. This aging beauty only shows her age when you get inside. The rooms are spacious, which is a nice change from the newer cramped rooms of even so-called luxury hotels. However, the rooms show the facilities' age, with out-dated decor, worn carpets with bleached-out areas (at least the stains are gone!), and worn furniture. If you're like me and only desire a clean, comfortable room with a good bed and lots of pillows, then this could be the place for you.

I travel quite a lot on business, and a good bit for pleasure as well. This hotel is definitely for the business traveler, as it is centrally located in Baton Rouge so easy to reach most areas of the city. It's convenient to Corporate Boulevard, where a number of the better chain restaurants are located, as well as a Whole Foods and some wonderful locally owned restaurants.

You should be aware that the hotel is located near a seedy area of town, but the hotel is secure, well-lit, and has an abundance of high-resolution security cameras throughout the property.

Would I stay there again? For business, definitely. For pleasure, no.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel has its pros and cons.

PROS: It is right off the freeway and has plenty of parking. The staff is friendly and helpful. The courtyard area has a nice appeal and fits in nicely with LA.

CONS: It is obvious that this is an older hotel. The hall area looked to have fresh paint but the room did not. This hotel could be a very nice hotel if they took the time to properly renovate or upgrade it.

The breakfast area was OK, but a heavy rain the night before cause a lot of water leaks in the back seating area.

Wrap: overall, it is fine for a night or two and has the potential to be much nicer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
bwbatonrouge, Webmaster at BEST WESTERN Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Best Western for your last stay.

We also thank you for being specific in your observations.

We are looking into the same and definitely attending each one of them.

Also we have clearly instructed the hotel upkeep staff to get them right.

Your sincere review shall definitely help us to improve.

We look forward to see you again!

Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the first Best Western I have visited in over 20 years and it was a plesant surprise.
A low price, a spacious room, nice breakfast with sausage and eggs, a good selection of tv channels and blazing fast internet, what more can I ask for!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kinder, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I will never stay at this place again! This place smells old, the bar smells like its been closed up for years and the girl working in the bar doesnt even know her alcohol or know how to mix drinks. We got in the room and we had to ask for light bulbs there were 4 bulbs burnt and we had to change them ourselves and when we asked the young guy for light bulbs and toilet paper he was very very rude about it! The beds are squeaky and the head boards or loose which causes them to lean a whole lot. The A/C wasnt very cool. The sauna didnt work the jets in the hot tub barely worked . The staff didnt keep up with breakfast which kept guest waiting a very long time for them to bring more out! The hotel is also in a bad place in the city! I was down in the lobby when some guest were about to check in and i warned them that they better rethink staying here. Well they checked in and got into their room and came straight back down to the front desk asking for a refund which the worker didnt want to give! I WILL be calling the manager and letting them know how horrible my experience was!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Best Western during your last visit.

We appreciate the review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the amenities, cleanliness and hospitality related problem has been investigated.

Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and request to stay with us again during your next visit and experience the difference!

Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Where I'm from you have to travel alot to go anywhere, so you get a certain standard set when you go to a hotel. First Strike: We arrived a tad early as we rode from New Orleans, we thought we'll just check to see if they had a holding room for our lugage as we knew check in was at 2:00pm.. The lady that was at the front desk snarled at us that check in isnt till 2:00pm.. Nice welcome huh? Most hotels I've been to at least do the paperwork so when you come back you can just ask if your room is ready.. Second Strike: I dunno if it was because they were working during the July 4th celebration but we got tons of attitude. If you ask a question it was a snarl or a sucking of the teeth. Not impressed.

Three Strike: The room you can tell was not cleaned in certain areas and we discovered under the bed a pile of Chips left from the previous guests. We thought that maybe the room was rushed and wait to see what happen the next day. Chips were still there. We left a note for the maid asking to vaccum the chips under the bed, chips still there. In fact the chips were still there until the day before we had to check out. Not impressed

I gave them a three cause the hotel overall was ok, but we got it at a discount. If I would have had to pay the regular rate, I would have been very upset with my stand. Overall I would ONLY recommend this place if you were staying a night or two, and needed to rest your head. Any more than that and I would say keep looking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Best Western during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

The entire issue related to the hospitality and service is seriously handled and the front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We would like you to take note of these and once again stay with us during your visit and experience the difference!

Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I tried very hard to refrain from giving a review ....

As a business traveler, I stay at different hotels in different cities throughout the US. Some cities are rural and some are in big cities. The room is clean, but dated as is the hotel. It does have a smell to it.

Incident #1:
As I checked in, I was asked for my drivers license, which is normal. But when she kept my license for a long period of time, I asked what she was doing with it. She replied that she had to make a copy of it to ensure the validity of who I was and my form of payment. I commented that I'm a business traveler and if anything, I show my license briefly and that even 4 and 5 star hotels did not copy drivers license and that I felt uncomfortable with her doing so. She gave me a look and immediately returned my license. My head was full of thoughts of identity theft.

Incident #2:
I rang the bell several times for someone to come to the front desk. While standing there, I could hear conversations from the back office. After five minutes, I walked around the corner to the back door of the office and politely knocked on the door and verbally gave a "knock-knock". Both females were astonished. Their mouths flew open and I'm sure a few flies flew in! The lady that checked me, quickly acknowledged me and walked to the front desk to give me change. I did not receive an apology for the inconvenience.

Incident #3:
In EVERY hotel that I stay in, from 3 stars to 5, I receive an invoice/receipt under my door prior to 5 AM. After inquiring, I was told that I would receive it upon checkout.

In my opinion, I feel this hotel staff needs to attend a customer service class in addition to updating hotel policies. They are very archaic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Best Western, Baton Rouge during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate taking your precious time to write the review.

We are sorry for the inconvenience whatsoever caused to you, and we have given special training to the front desk staff and the rates issue so that it is not repeated.

We take guest reviews seriously and you can invite you to experience the difference next time.

Hotel Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!