We've stayed at this property twice a year, for the last 8 last years, on business. Nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds and bedding, friendly and helpful staff. The lobby is attractive with free news papers and flavored water on arrival. The complementary breakfast is above average. There is also a nice-looking bar with televisions and a different complimentary appetizer every evening. The last few stays, we've noticed the rooms are showing their age...fabrics on chairs stained, little mechanical issues like a broken toaster and broken switch plate with exposed wiring. Also, a few greasy surfaces and missing silverware in the kitchen. The bed in this last room did not have a full mattress pad, which allowed the bottom sheet to slip off the mattress...which was a slippery, frustrating experience. Some of this is probably waiting in the corporate queue for renovations. Other issues speak to management.
The odor issue so eloquently described by a previous reviewer is not entirely wrong, but it's probably referring to the rooms at the ends of each building that open directly to the outside. Most guest rooms open onto an interior corridor, which is quiet, clean, nice and more secure with key card entry to the hallway. The "outside" rooms felt very motel-esque and were EXTREMELY humid and do have a very damp odor. Even cranking up the AC all night long, we were never able to get rid of the humidity. Made for a noisy and uncomfortable night's sleep. A definite quality difference from the interior rooms...we've stayed in them all, by this time.
Because of its location, pet policy and convenience, we will continue to hang in there with this hotel for the time being. But too much more of a decline, and we'll find a new place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites, a 100% non-smoking hotel, is committed to providing the best in customer service and accommodations at an affordable rate. The pet-friendly hotel is situated near many businesses and area attractions - perfect for any traveler. Hotel guests are close to Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge corporations, Mall of Louisiana, and many other attractions. This Baton Rouge, Louisiana hotel offers thoughtfully-appointed guest rooms, featuring deluxe rooms and suites with full kitchens, each complete with free wireless high-speed Internet and cable satellite television with HBO® on flat screens. Guests will receive a complimentary hot buffet breakfast each morning upon waking. Additional amenities include an complimentary USA Today, The Advocate, and Wall Street Journal in the hotel lobby, outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, 24 Hr fitness center, 24 Hr business center and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Richmond Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Richmond Hotel Baton Rouge
- Best Western Richmond Hotel
- Best Western Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Best Western