“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #18 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We checked in because we had grown tired of traveling. My husband had asked for a room with a jacuzzi. They had a Presidential Suite available. The price was reasonable. We went in and the room was perfect. It had a kitchen area, living room, large bedroom, and large bathroom. The jacuzzi was very relaxing and took care of my travel anxiety. We decided to stay one more night and learned that the owner was to stay in that room so they put him in a different room. It was noisy with hammering going on. The maid kept knocking on the door and still knocked when we put out the do not disturb sign. I explained we were staying and asked for more towels. After that she didn't knock again. We are in the processes of checking to see why we were charged $20 more than what we signed for, which is a total of $40. Over all, I was able to relax and the location was great! There are many choices to choose from to eat and everyone's favorite "Wal-Mart" was close! We grabbed some snacks and Landry detergent. I was able to wash some clothes with the washing machine and dryer conveniently close.

• Stayed March 2013

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are a little older but very spacious and comfortable. We stayed in a suite that had a sofa bed, working fireplace and two double beds. The room also had a full size kitchen which we didn't use during our stay. The breakfast was good - typical hot/cold breakfast spread. Lastly, the hotel is located right off the interstate with no shortage of restaurants in the area. This is our second time staying at this location and we will definitely return during our next road trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Olalla, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I shared a first floor suite in one of the properties buildings. We had a very pleasant experience. Friendly fast check in, Above average breakfast and free newspapers. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
19068, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
This is Eric, the Front Office Manager at Best Western Richmond Inn and Suites. I'd first like to thank you for your lovely response. For all of our guests, we try to make convenience, comfort and efficiency shine with superior customer service. For our business guests in particular (who may have different time requirements or need to get on with their work), we hope to have our guests well-rested and fed, in order to continue their productivity. In short, we're very happy that you chose us for your stay, and it would be our pleasure to again treat you to the fast and easy service you were shown this previous visit. If you ever have any questions or want to make another reservation for you, we'll be ready and waiting. Thanks again, and I hope you and your wife will remember us on your next visit to Baton Rouge.

Thanks,
Eric Freeman, Jr.
Front Office Manager, Best Western Plus Richmond Inn and Suites
(225) 924-6500
eric.freeman@smchotels.com
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed just one night and found the room to be very clean -- Good location just off the interstate -- I would have given it a five start but for the fact I found the King bed to be a little high from the floor and the sink in the bathroom, for some reason, have the towel bar in front of sink which I thought odd because you cannot get close to sink because of it -- The breakfast on the particular morning I was there was not completely ready before I had to leave -- so I cannot comment on that -- Overall, nice place and reasonably priced -- I would stay here again when traveling through South Louisiana --

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I would first like to thank you taking the time to leave feedback that other guests find helpful when choosing where to stay and that we can use to improve whenever possible. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is our goal to be ultra clean and to make every guest feel like this is their "Home away from home." I will look into the room that you stayed in and try and see if we can adjust the items that you listed for a more comfortable stay in the future. I am sorry that you did not get to taste the breakfast, but hope that you will stay with us again in the future and be able to enjoy all of the amenities of our hotel.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel was of an older style with a swimming pool and activites court that would be great for business and families. The rooms and public areas where very well decorated and clean. It was very comfortable and the lobby was welcoming. The grounds were so well landscaped and maintained that you felt your were staying in a resort in the middle of Baton Rouge. The complementary breakfast was one of the best wev'e enjoyed in a long time. This hotel was a great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I know your fellow travelers appreciate honest and unbiased information about where they may be going as well. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel campus grounds and design. Our staff motto is that we would like every guest to fell like this is their "Home Away from Home" and I am glad that you felt comfortable with us. Thank you for also mentioning our full hot buffet breakfast. I will be sure to let our food & beverage staff know that you enjoyed it as well. Thank you again for all of your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time that you are in Baton Rouge.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this room through Hotwire. I requested a 'downtown' hotel and this hotel is abut 5 miles from downtown. You have to rent a car to get anywhere.

House cleaning was ok... I killed a bug and covered it with a tissue and the soap dish in the bathroom... after the maid cleaned the room we noticed that the dead bug was still there, beneath the soap dish in the washroom.

They took my credit card in case of 'incidentals'... when I got back home to Toronto I noticed that they had charged my room the full price of the room, even though I had pre-paid it through Hotwire... They're in the process of correcting that now.

Otherwise, this place was fine...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I would first like to thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and use it as a chance to improve wherever we can, while also giving your fellow travelers an accurate account of your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, but I am disappointed that you encountered some issues. I am sorry that you were given inaccurate information about our hotel location, though we are not far from downtown when using a car, we are not within walking distance. We are more of a city central location. I also want you to know that we take pest issues very seriously and I am addressing the problem with our monthly pest control service. I also want to apologize for any extra charges that were made to your credit card. On pre-paid reservations, you should only have an incidental hold that refunds the day of your departure. I have double checked with my Front Desk Supervisor and she did refund your card and corrected the payment. I hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations that next time that you come to Baton Rouge.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!