“The Stockade is THE place to stay in Baton Rouge” 5 of 5 stars

The Stockade Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   8860 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Baton Rouge B&B and Inns
GULF SHORES
“The Stockade is THE place to stay in Baton Rouge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My work requires extensive travel. For decades, I stayed in hotels. Then I discovered The Stockade. Wow. Wow! Private room with bath, delightful hostess, private parking and close-proximity to everything in Baton Rouge. I LOVE this place!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Stockade was a lovely home and clean. After staying in many B & B throughout the states. I enjoy the southern B & B for their charm and well manners. However this one lacks some basic manners.... we were informed at breakfast that there was to be a small gathering at the Stockade with small group of local artist. Okay we said, we are easy going people. When we arrived back to the Stockade after dinner, the stockade was FULL of people and there was no places left to park in the parking lot/driveway. We had to park at the end of the yard in the grass with tree and brushes. I had to climb out of the driver’s side. But the worst part was that our room was next to the stockade's bathroom and we had almost 4 hours of dealing with people trying to enter our room thinking it was the bathroom. We locked our door but still people were knocking and a few tried to force their way in.... the owners of Stockade were nowhere to be found. Along with loud music. I feel that when we booked this room we should of been asked or told of the size of this gathering. Giving us a choice to make, as to if we still wanted to book a room. And at the very least they should have offered to move us upstairs away from the party, loud music and bathroom! I would not recommend due to the lack of respect and manners they give to their paying guest. I felt that we were in the way.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz_at_TheStockade, Public Relations Manager at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We are very sorry you had a bad experience with us at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast. Highland Nights is an annual event that has been going on for the past two years. This year, however, we had a much larger turnout than usual. The unexpected size of the crowd was great, from my perspective as one of the event organizers; however, it was distressing as someone who is trying above all to ensure the comfort of our guests.

I understand that guests at a B&B want nothing more than quiet and relaxation, and had we known that event attendees were knocking on your bedroom door, we would have gladly posted a staff member near the bathroom to prevent that from happening. I can assure you that the entire staff of The Stockade was present during the party, in uniform, and would have gladly been of assistance to you had you alerted any one of us to your discomfort.

Again, we are very sorry that your stay with us was not what you hoped it would be. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback, and we will make sure this won't happen again next year.

Yours in hospitality,

Liz Clausen
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Stockade was such a fabulous get away for me and my husband. This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast, so we did not know what to expect. The place is small enough to feel cozy, yet large enough for privacy. It is also so convenient to anything you might want to do! The Rex Room was the perfect setting with private access to the patio area. We really enjoyed stepping out on to the patio whenever we wanted. Janice was the perfect hostess and her breakfasts were scrumptious, fresh and abundant! We definitely plan on returning.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had 2 nights in Baton Rouge after spending 4 nights in New Orleans.The Stockage provided us with the calm we needed after New Orleans. The ambience was excellent and the amenities great. Thoroughly to be recommended.

La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in the Escape room overnight as a "respite" from an obnoxious neighbor. It is a very peaceful, clean and relaxing atmosphere. The decor is very tasteful and elegant yet comfortable and welcoming at the same time. Janice greeted me upon arrival and was very helpful but not overbearing. I knew if I needed something, she was just a quick call away, but she was not hovering over our every move. There are great restaurants within walking distance or just a short drive away. We are not "morning people", so we did not attend breakfast, but it smelled delicious. We will definitely be back!! A real jewel that I would highly recommend!!!

Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the room size, great decorating and access to the patio.
Breakfast was great. Our stay was very relaxing and enjoyable. Parking was easy and convenient. The gardens were very well kept and beautiful.

Room Tip: The house is set back well from the road, which was not heavily travelled. Our room was in the back...
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here on a repose during a packed schedule. One night in the Garden Room, which was quiet and very clean. The bathroom featured a great tub for relaxing with a glass of wine. Breakfast was delicious and the staff was personable and attentive. I wish I could have stayed another night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Stockade Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!