“Fabulous B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Baton Rouge B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I just returned to the Stockade for my third time, and it is truely my favorite place to stay in Louisiana! It is beautifully furnished, very clean and comfortable, and they have thought of everything! The breakfasts are delicious and different every day. I have stayed in different rooms every time, and they are all wonderful. I look forward to my next trip there and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Baton Rouge or even beyond.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We love hearing that our business travelers are comfortable and have the amenities that they need. We are happy to provide whatever we can to help our guests have a more pleasant, relaxing experience. Thank you for your comments which help us to provide excellent customer service to our guests. Your repeat business is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Janice, Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Stockade for the first night of our honeymoon, and we couldn't have made a better choice for a special stay in Baton Rouge. The Stockade is conveniently located near several excellent restaurants and set back from a historic and beautiful road in Baton Rouge. We stayed in the Rex Room, which we found very spacious and luxurious, and we would have thought so even without the champagne that we'd arranged to have in the room. Everything was delightful and done with a personal touch; a congratulatory note on the door greeted us when we first arrived in the evening.

Beyond the room, the inn itself was beautifully decorated, and it has a nice, comfortable seating area where guests can relax and chat communally. Our breakfast was quickly prepared and delicious, and we had the best conversations with a few of our fellow guests. Janice, the innkeeper, is as kind and hospitable as they come. We had an excellent stay at the Stockade, and we strongly recommend it to anyone looking for charming lodging in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: The Rex Room is very spacious with a nice outdoor area that includes a swing.
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We came to Baton Rouge for a getaway from the day to day stuff at home. We only live 45 min from the Stockade. We'll be back. The breakfast was GREAT and so was the hospitality. The room was great too! Dinner and a movie was a quick 5 min drive. Thanks again Janice!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I enjoyed meeting and visiting with you also! Thank you for your nice remarks. We look forward to seeing you another time.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!
(Let the good times role!)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Stockade and Janice the innkeeper were wonderful. The B&B is full of cozy decor, charm and fascinating art and furniture reflecting the heritage of the area. I was on business with early meetings so didn't eat breakfast there, but everything else was top drawer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Driving in from a wet, stormy road, we were immediately greeted with the warm and coziness of the innkeeper, Janice. She allowed us to get to our beautiful Garden Room super fast and unwind. We fell in love with our room that had a very comfy bed and pretty decor. There was plenty to keep us occupied. Due to the nasty weather, we weren't able to enjoy the beautiful grounds of the Stockade. We were able to spend the time reading books that were found thru out the place and also watch current movies from their DVD collection. Lots of DVDs. Our room did have a jacuzzi bath tub, which we used. Even bath salts were provided. Overall, this place was amazing and would definitely come back soon. Thanks Janice for making our trip memorable. PS.. Eat at SAMMY'S !!! right across the street.

Room Tip: Garden room has it's own private balcony and jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed the books, DVD's and bath salts! It is our pleasure to provide quests with a relaxing experience. Thank you for choosing the Stockade and thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really nice place (building) but the owner is a bit hyper I feel. Was advised that "europeans" usually just have toast for breakfast. Not the case.. Had to kind of "sorce out" the owner at breakfast, did not feel too comfortable in her company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whoops, my bad, maybe I had one too many cups of our delicious Louisiana coffee that day! And, I believe this guest misunderstood my comment about the toast which was intended to be a joke. I serve full breafast to ALL guests usually offering a choice of options. I don't understand the "sorce out" comment, so I cannot respond to it. It is never my intent to upset or offend a guest, so I apologize to this guest if that was his perception.
Southern U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were gifted a 4 night stay in the "Blue Room". We loved it! Janice was very nice and the breakfasts were delicious. We definitely recommend this b&b to others!

Also if you are a True Blood fan, they filmed Bill and Sookies engagement here! Bill even signed her guest book!

• Stayed December 2012
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you were able to relax and rekindle as was the hope of the couple who sent you here. I love the verse from Mark 6:31, "And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." It is my sincere pleasure to provide a haven to accomplish this goal. Vaya con Dios, my friends.

Been to The Stockade Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!