“Rainy day in Baton Rouge but WARM evening in The Stockade” 5 of 5 stars

Stockade Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   8860 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Baton Rouge B&B and Inns
Santee, California
“Rainy day in Baton Rouge but WARM evening in The Stockade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Driving in from a wet, stormy road, we were immediately greeted with the warm and coziness of the innkeeper, Janice. She allowed us to get to our beautiful Garden Room super fast and unwind. We fell in love with our room that had a very comfy bed and pretty decor. There was plenty to keep us occupied. Due to the nasty weather, we weren't able to enjoy the beautiful grounds of the Stockade. We were able to spend the time reading books that were found thru out the place and also watch current movies from their DVD collection. Lots of DVDs. Our room did have a jacuzzi bath tub, which we used. Even bath salts were provided. Overall, this place was amazing and would definitely come back soon. Thanks Janice for making our trip memorable. PS.. Eat at SAMMY'S !!! right across the street.

Room Tip: Garden room has it's own private balcony and jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
missjd, Owner at Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed the books, DVD's and bath salts! It is our pleasure to provide quests with a relaxing experience. Thank you for choosing the Stockade and thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,
Janice, Innkeeper

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really nice place (building) but the owner is a bit hyper I feel. Was advised that "europeans" usually just have toast for breakfast. Not the case.. Had to kind of "sorce out" the owner at breakfast, did not feel too comfortable in her company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whoops, my bad, maybe I had one too many cups of our delicious Louisiana coffee that day! And, I believe this guest misunderstood my comment about the toast which was intended to be a joke. I serve full breafast to ALL guests usually offering a choice of options. I don't understand the "sorce out" comment, so I cannot respond to it. It is never my intent to upset or offend a guest, so I apologize to this guest if that was his perception.
Southern U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were gifted a 4 night stay in the "Blue Room". We loved it! Janice was very nice and the breakfasts were delicious. We definitely recommend this b&b to others!

Also if you are a True Blood fan, they filmed Bill and Sookies engagement here! Bill even signed her guest book!

• Stayed December 2012
missjd, Owner at Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you were able to relax and rekindle as was the hope of the couple who sent you here. I love the verse from Mark 6:31, "And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." It is my sincere pleasure to provide a haven to accomplish this goal. Vaya con Dios, my friends.
Wahl, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first stay at a Bed & Breakfast, as we have always been a little suspicious of how good this type accommodation really could be. Well, all our worries were proven wrong, we were absolutely delighted by the experience! We felt so welcome at the Stockade, it was almost like coming home.

The rooms are so beautifully decorated, every room (we had two) had a unique vibe and "personality" to it, you can feel this place is run with love and passion. We immediately felt like we had lived in this place forever.

And while it was our first stay, it certainly won't be our last. We are already planning on exploring Louisiana more in-depth next year, and we will certainly chose the Stockade as our "home-base".

Breakfast was delicious too, especially the home-made pecan pie, we love that one! Also, be sure to check out Sammy's on the other side of the road, their po-boys are delicious, and you wouldn't believe that they also have file on the menu - a delicious one too! In Europe, you would need to visit a high-end restaurant to get that quality meat!

So a big thank you to Janice for the wonderful stay, we enjoyed ourselves, and we will be back as soon as possible.

PS: And a little notice to all Truebies out there, this is the place Bill Compton proposed to Sookie - and his actual signature is in the guest book too! Don't miss that!

Room Tip: Of the two rooms we had booked, our favorite was the Garden room - nice, quiet on the backside, with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Riverside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My second stay here was as good as the first. Lovely, comfortable rooms. Wonderfully prepared and generous breakfast with the hosts friendly conversation. On the Highland historic drive, but only 15 minutes from LSU and downtown. Sammy's Grill is a great eatery just across the street.

• Stayed November 2012
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My mom, sister and I have stayed at the Stockade for the past 3 years when we go to Baton Rouge for our Mother-Daughter get away. It is easy access to downtown, LSU, and all the shopping and dining places that we love. Breakfast is always wonderful and a refrigerator is always stocked with drinks and snacks are readily available. Janice has gone out of her way to accommodate our needs every time we come.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This Bed and Breakfast is truly a gem and innkeeper Janice made the experience extra special. The landscaping was beautiful. You can tell that the Stockade is a labor of love. The decor was eclectic and fully in keeping with the personality of the inn. Janice has an artist's eye and a heart of gold. The breakfasts were delicious and it was lovely to sit and relax and chat comfortably in the beautiful dining room. My wife and I would highly recommend a stay at the Stockade. You will be in for a treat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
missjd, Owner at Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! It is my pleasure to share The Stockade with my guests from all over the globe. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again!

Best Wishes,
Janice, Innkeeper

Been to Stockade Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!