“Great Location, very good room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge

You added Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge to your Saves list
Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7061 Commerce Circle, Baton Rouge, LA 70809   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Houston, Texas
“Great Location, very good room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed overnight on our way home to Texas. Had a 2 bedroom suite. Plenty of room for all. Very comfy beds. Nice breakfast. Good pool. Great location near many restaurant and shopping. 5 minutes to get back to interstate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Amanda A, General Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Staci T,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you the next time you are in Baton Rouge.

Amanda Acosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I like the staff and the location but tire of the same processed cheap food. I realize that the complimentary breakfast has limitations but after many trips to this location, I can barely bring myself to even walk in and see the food. The gray mystery meat sausage, the same potatoes, the grease floating on top of the sausage gravy...pretty much a piece of fruit and a yogurt is what I get. Even the coffee is pretty weak. I know they do the best with what they have but I'd pay $15 more per night just to get better offerings. Also, a diet Pepsi cost me more from their market than I paid at the Omni Royal Orleans just before we came to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 1NCfoodie,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for being loyal to our hotel. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our beds and our service. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast from the typical hotel "complimentary" breakfast. I will take your feedback to our breakfast team. We hope to see you the next time you are in Baton Rouge.

Amanda Acosta
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and had a wonderful experience. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure that I my needs were met. I had a flat tire on my rental car and the Manager Tom changed the tire for me, I was very grateful. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious and the location was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Robert H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the review. I haven't changed a tire in a while, so thank you for helping me stay in practice. Glad we we're able to help you.
Central Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Date of Stay: March 2014
Length of Stay: 1 night
Arrival Day: Saturday

POSITIVES:
Check-in- The check-in experience was very efficient. As a Marriott Gold I had hoped for an upgrade to a larger room (which appeared to be available online) but was assigned the Studio King which I had reserved.

Cleanliness of room- The room and bath were spotless.

Air conditioning- Self-explanatory.

Water temperature & pressure- Self-explanatory.

Comfort of bed- Self-explanatory.

NEGATIVES:
Room layout- The Studio room layout would work for one person but does not work for two. One is unable to use the sink at the vanity without waking the other person as the vanity is located next to the bed without any door.

Internet (wifi)- Even though WiFi is complimentary at Residence Inn, the WiFi in this room (located at the end of the hall) was essentially unusable. Both the upload and download speeds were much less than 1 Mbps (0.29Mbps & 0.26/Mbps).

Breakfast area- The only available tables were dirty. I asked for a wet cloth so that I could clean one of the tables and that is exactly what I was provided! There was no offer from the staff to clean the table!

Overall, the stay was OK but there are much better alternatives for a better or equal rate elsewhere in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you controller01 for the review.

Unfortunately, your stay was during the weekend of Bayou Country Superfest, so we were completely sold out of rooms. The website should not have shown you differently, so I would like to apologize for the confusion. I would also like to apologize for the lack of customer service you experienced at breakfast. You should not have been given a wet rag to clean the table. Please know appropriate action has been taken to ensure this never happens again.

I want to apologize for not meeting your, our, expectations, but I want to thank you for the review. This helps us identify our weaknesses. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a good quality residence inn and the shopping nearby is excellent and within walking distance. My only minor complaint was that the bedroom door lock did not actually work because my kids only had to push on the door to walk in, even with the lock button engaged.

The entire staff was very friendly and accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Robert H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you, mehtravels. We are very lucky to have such an amazing location. I'm sorry the door wasn't working properly during your stay. We pride ourselves on having a safe enviornment. I'll have maintenance fix it asap. Thank you again for choosing Residence Inn, and we hope to see you again.
GrOves,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just got home from the weekend stay in Baton Rouge to attend the Bayou County Music Festival and the stay was great. Had alittle problem with the a/c in the room Friday but problem was corrected and rest was stay went well. Robert at the front desk made sure all was well.Breakfast was well stocked even with sold out hotel. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean . Can't wait for next years festival.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, PNG81. Bayou Country Superfest weekend was definitely an eventful weekend. Glad we were able to fix your AC so the rest of your stay was comfortable. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to seeing you next year.

-Robert
Moose, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I mistakenly booked here and stayed last night, never again.
First, understand as a lifetime Marriott Platnium member I am used to business hotels and people assisting make things right, not shrugging their shoulders.

Checking in at 10:45 I asked about the pool and hot tub and was told they close at 11, not sure why as we assume all liability using the facility. But he also told me I could use it after 11. So when I come down at 11:01 and the pool will not open then he says "sorry" but can not do anything.
My bad, but the sign clearly says open 6 AM to 11 PM.

So i come down at 6:10, the pool will still not open. A new person says it has hours of 7-10, when i point out the sign saying 6-11 I get "sorry".

I booked this site due to the location and a hot tub as I had been traveling all day. Now I am leaving at 7:30 so I can not use the hot tub at all.

Worst Marriott experience in the past decade with absolutely no customer service skills.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere