“Great location and perfect for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge

You added Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge to your Saves list
Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisiana
“Great location and perfect for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed in a two-bedroom suite for two nights while in town for business we brought our family, including small children. The location is perfect- within walking distance to numerous restaurants (PF Changs, Bonefish, Flemings, Five Guys, Zoe's- just to name a few) and lots of shopping including a Whole Foods. The room was spacious and the full kitchen was very nice while traveling with small children. The staff were very accommodating with any special requests we had. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings provided many options- both cold and hot.
The one suggestion I would make is that the air conditioner can be pretty noisy when it turns on and off so bring a noise machine if that type of thing bothers you.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

While the staff are well-trained by Marriott the amenities are cheap and spartan. The rooms are typical for a Residence Inn, spacious and clean. But the TV is small, dwarfed by the inset where it is placed. Even the shampoo/conditioner reminds you of Holiday Inn Select. The kitchen area is well equipped but the limited amenities are spartan and cheap. this is not typical of Marriott. The Fitness Room is cramped and equipped with Wal-Mart-style treadmills. The breakfast room is welcoming but the food is cheap (powdered eggs, SAMs Club muffins, etc.). I'm going back to the regular Marriott.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed 3 nights on a business trip - friendly personnel, quiet and clean rooms. Great location, nearby eateries and shopping. One bedroom suite had a very nice layout with the TV swivel between sitting area or bedroom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We made a guaranteed reservation for a 2 bedroom king suite for full price here. We had never stayed here before, but it was close to the places we were scheduled to visit. As soon as we arrive in Baton Rouge, we stopped by the hotel at 11:00 a.m. and they told us our room was not available yet and to check back with them after 3:00 p.m. We did. We called to confirm late arrival for after 10:00 p.m. since our last appointment was at 8:30 p.m. and about 30 miles from the hotel. Upon arrival at about 10:50 p.m. we were confronted by the very same desk clerk I had talked to at 3:30 p.m. who had told me that they would hold our room until we arrived. (For what it's worth, I am a Marriott platinum member and together my company and I spend over $100,000 per year at Marriotts. So If we don't get better customer service than this, how will anyone else?) This same desk clerk told me that they did not have any more rooms of the type I had guaranteed and stated that if I had arrived "within a reasonable time", I would have gotten the room we had reserved. That is what set me off. I was willing to let it pass that they had not honored the stated guarantee in my reservation, but when she tried to blame it on me, I was pretty mad.

So, I demanded an explanation and showed our confirmation. I was firm, but professional. I got the impression that she thought that room guarantees are trivial and she was upset that I was upset. Their policy to not honor guarantees must be a management decision. I stay in Marriotts a lot in my life and have only had this happen once out of my last 500 stays in Marriotts. It is clear to me that this happens only when the owner or management of the hotel convey to their staff that the guarantees to customers are not a big deal. Our staff stays at Marriotts and plans conferences with them all over the U.S. If they treat us so badly, I can only imagine how they treat everyone else. We willl never stay here.

P.S. We could clearly hear the hotel guests above us tromping around all night. This place must be made out of plywood. Despite the pretty pictures on their home page, I recommend someplace else if you are looking for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a nice stay at this Residence Inn. Reservations and check in were both quick and uneventful, which is just the way I like it. Our room -- a one bedroom suite -- had a good layout that allowed a little but more separation between the bedroom and the living area. That's a welcome feature if one of you gets up earlier than the other. The decor was nice, and we were surprised to see a fireplace in the living room, but it was too warm, so we never turned it on. The closet door was off the track and I couldn't fix it, but we really did not use the closet much and therefore did not report it to the manager. We did use the laundry facilities, and they worked fine (the sign says that the dryer takes 30 minutes; we found it to be closer to 60). The breakfast was mostly what you would expect from a Residence Inn; I did not see any special local touches in evidence. The location, as others have noted, is right next to a large shopping mall, so anything you need is close by. We got downtown in a jiffy the next morning. So a nice, if not exceptional, visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at this RI on company business. Excellent hotel with great desk personnel. The hotel has a good location with easy access to anything you might need. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a relatively new RI and very well kept. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. It is in a safe location with plenty of restaurants in walking distance.

We had a 1BR King Suite which is really like a small apartment. It was on the end of the building so it was super quiet. Everything was great and we would definitely stay here again if we were in this area.

The breakfast area could be a bit bigger--especially for crowded weekend mornings. There was a wide variety of food and drink choices.

As promised, I've now stayed at TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, and Residence Inn for the past 3 nights and will give a quick comparison. All are Marriott properties and all are very nice. The TownePlace suite is the smallest of the 3 but has a full kitchen. A SpringHill suite is larger but does not have a full kitchen. Residence Inn suites are the largest of the three and all are complete with full kitchen. Surprisingly the TownePlace Suite in Bossier City has been the only one of the three (Bossier City, Lafayette, Baton Rouge) to have dark roast coffee in the morning.

I like Marriott properties--especially the suite hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!