“Room included a fireplace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge

You added Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge to your Saves list
Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ohio
“Room included a fireplace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a nice stay at this Residence Inn. Reservations and check in were both quick and uneventful, which is just the way I like it. Our room -- a one bedroom suite -- had a good layout that allowed a little but more separation between the bedroom and the living area. That's a welcome feature if one of you gets up earlier than the other. The decor was nice, and we were surprised to see a fireplace in the living room, but it was too warm, so we never turned it on. The closet door was off the track and I couldn't fix it, but we really did not use the closet much and therefore did not report it to the manager. We did use the laundry facilities, and they worked fine (the sign says that the dryer takes 30 minutes; we found it to be closer to 60). The breakfast was mostly what you would expect from a Residence Inn; I did not see any special local touches in evidence. The location, as others have noted, is right next to a large shopping mall, so anything you need is close by. We got downtown in a jiffy the next morning. So a nice, if not exceptional, visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at this RI on company business. Excellent hotel with great desk personnel. The hotel has a good location with easy access to anything you might need. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a relatively new RI and very well kept. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. It is in a safe location with plenty of restaurants in walking distance.

We had a 1BR King Suite which is really like a small apartment. It was on the end of the building so it was super quiet. Everything was great and we would definitely stay here again if we were in this area.

The breakfast area could be a bit bigger--especially for crowded weekend mornings. There was a wide variety of food and drink choices.

As promised, I've now stayed at TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, and Residence Inn for the past 3 nights and will give a quick comparison. All are Marriott properties and all are very nice. The TownePlace suite is the smallest of the 3 but has a full kitchen. A SpringHill suite is larger but does not have a full kitchen. Residence Inn suites are the largest of the three and all are complete with full kitchen. Surprisingly the TownePlace Suite in Bossier City has been the only one of the three (Bossier City, Lafayette, Baton Rouge) to have dark roast coffee in the morning.

I like Marriott properties--especially the suite hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night while traveling between Texas and Florida. We reserved a handicapped-accessible room via the Marriott website and when we arrived it was exactly what we needed. The room was on the 2nd floor near the elevator so we didn't have to walk far, and it was laid out to easily handle a wheelchair or walker. There were plenty of handrails in the bathroom to prevent falls as well. We requested a shower chair from the front desk and they provided one very quickly.

Front desk service was friendly and efficient. They even have a jar of dog biscuits available for their canine guests. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a fully stocked kitchen. Good selection of TV stations available for relaxing after a long drive. We were only there for one night, but the room was more like an apartment and would have been perfect for a multi-night stay.

The location is excellent. Very close to shopping, grocery stores, restaurants, and highway access. The breakfast buffet had a lot of variety, although unfortunately we arrived right before closing time so they were out of some dishes while others were cold. Even with that we found enough choices to be more than satisfied. I was very impressed by the lady who was staffing the breakfast area. While we were there a guest came in who was extremely demanding and rude. The lady treated him with the utmost professionalism under circumstances where I might not have. I hope hotel management realizes what a gem they have on their staff!

Bottom line I would happily stay here again if I were passing through Baton Rouge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Residence Inn in Baton Rouge (Towne Center at Cedar Lodge) is the best RI we have stayed in, bar none. Well managed, customer-oriented and great location. Several great restaurants are within walking distance (Carrabbas, Flemings, etc) The staff were courteous and helpful from the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff. A pleasure to stay with them. Well worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a family trip from Florida to Louisiana with my 92 year old "other Mother" - Mater - and her 36 year old granddaughter, the two bedroom suite for four nights was the perfect way to have privacy and to be sure that everyone would be safe. We had everything we needed in the suite for four pleasant nights' sleep as well as space & a kitchen for entertaining family members who visited. We had no difficulties using the complimentary Wi-Fi and had more than enough to choose from/eat as we enjoyed a hot or cold breakfast each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and if we needed anything, the manager and/or staff complied with all of our wants and needs. The staff in the breakfast area was especially attentive and pleasant.

If you want to shop, a variety of stores are in the Town Center nearby. I easily walked my daily 2 miles in the parking lot and on the sidewalks in front of the shops. I did use one of the two treadmills one morning in the fitness center, but I liked being outside for my daily exercise. Afterwards, I enjoyed a hot cup of tea or cocoa in the breakfast area, where hot beverages are available throughout the day.

To make the stay better, the temperature could have been better regulated and our suite could have been quieter. Due to the range in ages, the suite needed a thermostat for each bedroom, as well as the living area. My Mater was always cold, even though we put the thermostat on 80 for her. She also complained about loud noises - banging - in the night. The manager figured out that it was the fire room next to her room, and the compressor turning on and off. We heard cooling/heating compressor in our bedroom - it was either our suite or the one next to ours - we weren't sure. If I were the management, I would also check the quality of the linens before guests arrive. The pillowcase on one pillow was so tattered, it tore when lifted up. The linens on the bed were also fraying, and seemed thin and worn.

For the price paid, this facility is exceptional. We will definitely return to Baton Rouge in the future, and this is where we will stay. The suite was functional and pleasant, but the people who work here are what make this Residence Inn exceptional.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor corner room as it is near the fire room and might be noisy at night. Also the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FFINampaGM, Manager at Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Courtenay O,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are here for our guests, and we work hard at providing the best service that we can. I am sorry that your linen looked a little tattered. I will address this issue as I'd hate to have someone else experience the same thing.

I hope to see again the next time you're in the area.

Max L.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at numerous hotels...ritz Carlton, and various other 5 star Hilton's and marriotts... Even though this hotel doesn't have a grand chandelier like the ones above, but it ranks right up with them. Three weeks ago when I first walked into the room (double bed suite) I was amazed. This hotel had a fully stocked kitchen and one of the neatest rooms ever. I'm very pickey and I did not see a single spot on the sheets. The beds were amazingly comfortable and way better than most of Hilton's. In the morning the complimentary hot breakfast was spectacular. The cook, who's name is Why (its true) did an excellent job. The other woman in there was good but I'm sorry to say I forgot her name. The manager and everybody in that hotel was super nice. Again I commend the housekeeping for the excellent job. Keep it up. I will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!