“Great View” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 69 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Denham Springs, Louisiana, United States
“Great View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed downtown Baton Rouge for a wedding that we were attending, but also for a little "stay-cation". The Hilton is a beautiful place and the view of the Mississippi river is amazing. Very close to all of the nightlife place on 3rd. Street. I only wish there was an easy access to the river walk from that area. It was very dangerous to cross in that area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Natchitoches, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Hilton stay made my business trip a true success! I experience from the initial call to the end of my visit; everyone was genuinely cordial and helpful on my trip, especially the front desk and valet workers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I myself would like to state that I am an employee at one of Hilton's Hotels, the Hampton Inn to be exact. When I arrived to this location I was very impressed. My family and I reserved the room for Fathers Day weekend, and my stay was very peaceful. Front desk employees were extremely professional, and I was highly impressed. My daughter enjoyed her swim in the pool, which gave us a beautiful view of the river as we enjoyed ourselves. Unlike many who griped about the renovations, I did not find this an issue at all. Front desk informed us the the floor containing the pool was under renovations, however thus did not obstruct us from having a great time. Any hotel that is attempting to improve its facility is one that deserves an applause. Rooms were really clean. I was extremely satisfied with my stay, I have ready reserved future dates for my daughters birthday weekend because she loves this hotel. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent stay at the downtown Hilton. Great service and attention to detail. Rooms are nicely appointed and have excellent amenities. Staff was very nice and hospitable. Food was excellent at the restaurant. Quick ceheck-in and check-out. Nice valet parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. The rooms were awesome. Nice and spacious, very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. Great food. From the time I arrived at the property to the time I departed, every aspect was wonderful Valet parking was great. Car was brought around immediately. The front desk staff were excellent. Ms. Cherry the PBX operator is a GEM !!!! The entire staff as great. The only concern I would have is that be careful in the tubs. The tub in my room seemed new and was kind of slippery but I made it. Make sure you get a room on the river side so you can see the ships go up and down the Mississippi River. I look forward returning to this property. The renovated rooms are marvelous.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the river side. See the ships on the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Room & hotel up to usual good Hilton standards. Clean and quite room. The staff were great sorting out problem quickly and efficiently without fuss when I had a problem with a prepaid booking- great stuff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have to wonder if the people that wrote previous positive reviews stayed at the same hotel.
Asked for early check-in and told I would have to pay additional $25. Arrived at 4:05pm and room still not ready, and when we finally got into the room, small, dated and hairs still in the tub. If you don't want to use valet parking, the closest parking is 2 blocks and cost $12. Really nothing to do close to the hotel and we were concerned walking around down town with some of the characters on the street at night. The restaurant was over-price and quality not good. Easily ranks the worst Hilton we have stayed in - serous thinking about cancelling my Honors Program

Room Tip: Stay by the Mall of Louisiana
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcus H, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for our missteps. However the hotel is located in the downtown area , and there are plenty of restaurants, family fun things to do, in addition a great night life for young and old alike. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Marcus Henniagn

Been to Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center? Share your experiences!