“Wish I could stay longer” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Wish I could stay longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lovely hotel! I'm a Hilton girl who stays at all their different types of properties. This Hilton is not only centrally located, but easily accessible to freeways. I was bumped up to a nicer room that had been recently refurbished floor. The room was wonderful, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The only negative is not to do with the Hilton, there is just not much in the way of restaurants or entertainment in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
atlanta, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Nothing special. Bathrooms need serious cleaning and showers are awkard and small. Water sprays all over the floor. There was a fire drill during our stay which made us late for a wedding, that was unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Slidell, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel was very clean, in a safe neighborhood and the location was perfect for our needs. One thing that got to me was that we were at a private function in one of the ball rooms. There was a cash bar, provided by the hotel in the function. The prices of the cash bar were double of what was in the lounge of the hotel. They were already making money on the function and this rip-off, to me, made the hotel look bad. Also the A/C in the ball room must have been broken. Several people were complaining on how hot it was. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, only as a hotel, but I don't think that I would use this facility as venue for a big event.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Paxton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Staff was very helpful. Had a problem with reservation and they helped find another hotel. My fault, forgot to cancel when arriving day late. Computer canceled entire 5 day confirmed stay. At least did not charge for missed day.
Room was clean except for a little mold in shower. Tub floor was very slippery. Shower head is outdated, but plenty of water volume.
They are remodeling. Not sure why they have hot water in toilet.
Outdoor pool on third floor is very nice with large area to enjoy the river view.

Room Tip: Corner rooms 304, 404, etc overlook river and old capital. Some 400 rooms have balconies and overloo...
Baton Rouge, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel to stay the night to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. When we arrived in the room, we were not pleased with how small it was for $230 a night and the fact that there was no bathtub, only a small stand-up shower. This place could be one of the best in Baton Rouge, however, it fell short with its current room configuration.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Marcus H, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dustin,

Thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us, here at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. I appreciate your candid review and apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as your comfort and satisfaction are our highest priority, as we are a historic property with limited square footage. Please note our King guest rooms only feature a glass enclosed walk in shower and our Double bedded guest rooms have tub/shower combination. We have worked with our ownership and renovation teams to better maximize our space for future guests. The hotel is currently renovating the guest rooms and floors which are expected to be complete by August. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Marcus Hennigan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Another super trip to Louisiana - I like this place. Hotel staff picked us up from the airport and the room was big, comfy and clean. Often when I go away I venture out for breakfast but the all you can eat buffet for $15 was great. Fresh fruit salad, freshly cooked omelette and endless coffee did me fine. Situated downtown close by to the arts centre and other attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

For the most part my stay was pleasant. I stayed here last year for a conference. I could see a lot of issues of carpet stains in hallways and walls with dirt marks on them going to my room and the rooms of my co-travelers. It wasn't like this the year before. The cleaning service did a medium to poor job cleaning my room. there were a pair of socks under the window drapes from the person before that had stayed in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center? Share your experiences!