“The Crab was not the only reason to sing "Hallelujah!"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 913 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palm Harbor, Florida
“The Crab was not the only reason to sing "Hallelujah!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My "other Mother" - Mater - is 92 and dreams about the Halelujah Crab. She raised her biological kids in Baton Rouge, and moved to Florida in the 1960's. She hadn't been back in 20 years, so her granddaughter and I took her. She treated us to two Halelujah Crabs, and the other speciality of the restaurant, The Adrian. None of us was disappointed with the food - exquisite - nor were we dissatisfied with the service - Maryland was our server, attentive to our every need & want. We enjoyed the sweet potato slices in anticipation of the main courses, and ate until we could eat no more. Dessert would have been a sinful end to a heavenly dinner. When we return to Baton Rouge, we WILL return to Juban's!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, NV
“A splendid investment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is what a good Southern restaurant should be; quiet, immaculate, spacious, beautiful, and graced by outstanding service from highly trained waitrons. Everything from the free dish of sugar-dusted baked sweet potato slices, unforgettably paired with the acidity of lime juice, to every other dish we tried, was beyond compare. The prices were high but not unreasonably so. The standard of Service deserves a second mention. The diners were continuously but unobtrusively scanned, and every need was anticipated before it even became necessary to voice it.

If I have one complaint, it is that healthy food choices were extremely scarce. But dining in this establishment is a rare treat, and so, indulge yourself!

Visited October 2012
New Orleans
“Good food but there are better restaurants in BR.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Jubans is one of the better Baton Rouge restaurants but I have had much better meals at some of the other BR restaurants for the same price.
While Jubans offers a pleasant atmosphere, plenty of seating, and generally excellent service, the food preparation is not equal to Ruth’s Chris, Sullivan’s, or Louisiana Lagniappe at equal or similar prices.
Service is normally exceptional but becomes very slow when private rooms are booked. Group meetings can run several hours regardless of the desired speed. Receptions with finger food seem to be handled well.
The taste of the food served in general is good but not excellent. Steaks are tender but the seasoning is not to my choice (and I have been eating in the best restaurants in New Orleans and Baton Rouge for many years). My wife loves the Hallelujah Soft-shell Crab and the Gumbo. The deserts are excellent.
Not my favorite but a very good restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Don't get there enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have never had a bad experience at Juban's. I have gone there many times. The crab ckaes are my favorite. I love the sweet potato chips. The service is good. I have been dining there for the past twenty years.

Visited September 2012
“Will always return...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere for romantic dinner. Crab Avery was a fresh flavorful app. Shrimp Aubergine was fantastic. Service was great & on top of everything. I loved everything about this restaurant. Pina colada sherbert in between courses very refreshing. Ended w/dessert & after dinner drink. Will always return to Jubans.

• 5 of 5 stars Food