“Always Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Baton Rouge
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are visiting and want to eat at the best (or second best) restaurant in town - this is it. The menu is broad and I would describe it as South Louisiana French, but be aware that they do a great job with USDA Prime steaks. The GM was the GM at Ruth's in Baton Rouge - he knows what hes doing. Classic preparations are flawless.

Visited November 2011

87% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great cajun/creole food, I have had crepes, duck, rabbit here and all were tasty and well-presented. Prices reasonable for what you get. Sad that it's in a strip mall - kind of a bummer on the atmosphere.

Visited June 2011
Ottawa
“One of our best overall experiences in Lousiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We made a late evening reservation here the first night we were in town. Had been reading reviews for a couple of weeks and we were very excited to try it. I have to say that OVERALL the experience was great start to finish. Our drinks were great, our waitress attentive, and I loved the atmosphere. We enjoyed our appetizer of frog legs, and my boyfriend's meal was amazing. He ordered the Adrian. I ordered the Hallelujah crab, and admittedly, I didn't enjoy it. I was expecting something different entirely, but it wasn't BAD, just not what I wanted. It's essentially a soft shell crab stuffed with salty crabcakes! Thew presentation is neat though! Our waitress noticed that I wasn't a fan, even though I told her it was fine, and brought us a dessert on the house (which was also AMAZING, some kind of bread pudding). I thought that was a great gesture, as too often the only people that get freebies are the jerks that complain about everything. I would return here in a heartbeat, despite my disappointment, which is why I rated it excellent,

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington
“Upscale Cajun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The AAA guide warned us that the restaurant outclasses the strip mall that houses it. That's an understatement. It is definitely an upscale, white-tablecloth place. That's not to say that it is stuffy or pretentious. The food, the service, and the presentation are all first-class. One of us had the fish Adrian, with asparagus, crab meat, and wild mushrooms. The other had veal, also with crab meat and asparagus. We both started with soup, one a crab and Boursin cream special, the other the seafood gumbo on the usual menu. All of the dishes were excellent. With an amuse bouche for starters and sorbet between courses, we didn't have room for dessert. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

Considering the location, this restaurant packed in superior value in service, food and ambience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Juban's Restaurant & Catering? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Juban's Restaurant & Catering, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.