“Good but not the greatest...” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 913 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Good but not the greatest...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

When my wife and I and a friend if ours arrived they told us it would be a half hour wait, we didn't mind, there was sitting room at the bar which meant by the time they got us to a table it felt like only a few minutes had passed!

I had the fish baked in the parchment covered in shrimp and white sauce, came with a side if sweet potato covered in cheese and garden salad, flavour was great and the serving size enough to end up in a doggy bag, my only issue was that after eating half my potato I found it had tiny bits of pork mixed in (which I don't eat!), no where mentioned that on the menu..

The wife did not like her meal at all, can't remember but it was the special for the day, fish was dry and lacked flavour.

Lovely waitress though, atmosphere was comfortable, though the seating is a little tight, I've only just moved to Baton Rouge, we'll see if I come back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“good food/overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have eaten here many times in the past. After about a year, this visit was disappointing. The price of the dish I ordered did not reflect what I received. The portion of fish was tiny, with little crab meat topping. I also had to pay extra for a mixed green salad instead of the regular ceasar salad, even though all I had in the plate were greens. It may be more than a year before I visit again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Every time I visit, I swoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wonderful service, fresh seafood offerings masterfully made as only a french breed heritage can. Any of their fish in papillote are wonderful, their fried oysters perfect, and anything with their crab meat is wonderful! Not a great wine list, but certainly you will have a memorable meal!

Visited July 2013
Boston
“Very good first meal in Baton Rouge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a very good dinner here this evening starting with the gumbo and then the "fresh fish en pappilotte". Very good service too, so a nice welcome to Baton Rouge.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Came here for my granddaughter's 17th birthday, and Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant did a fantastic job. A wonderful night of celebration, and food cooked to perfection. We come here for the food, and come back for the service. Love the atmosphere, and staff. Always attentive!

• Visited May 2013