“Great food, northern italian I think. Sometimes the wait is long. Small but romantic.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pinetta's European Restaurant

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

Baton Rouge, LA
“Controversially Superlative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This is my favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge. Most people love it, but occasionally some people absolutely hate it. Usually this has to do with how long they were made to wait. I can't say from my limited experience that no one has ever had a terrible experience, but the dozen or so times I have been, everything has been perfect.

It's not fast food--I go to this European restaurant to enjoy myself, my company, conversation, and always order wine or a drink to enjoy as my meal is prepared. And the amount of time it takes for food to arrive is proportional to how long it takes me to savor and enjoy the food when it gets there.

And for the unsatisfied customers, please stay away so that there's always room for those of us who realize what a find Pinetta's truly is.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“One of the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

One of the better restaurants in Baton Rouge, featuring items you won't find anywhere else in the city. I've only been there once, for lunch, but I definitely plan on going back and trying some new items.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“My favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

This is my favorite place to dine, either in Louisiana or any where else. It's quiet, dim, personable, and the food is out of this world. I'm Italian and I prefer this food over my own father's cooking!

The bad review above seemed to misunderstand the entire atmosphere of this place--it isn't a chain, and frequent diners understand that eating at Pinetta's is an hours long event--as it should be! Everything is designed for comfort and leisure. Diners who are in a rush should certainly avoid the place.

When I dine at Pinetta's, I always make certain that I'm with good company and that we can share a bottle of wine. The servers always make certain that your glass is full and fresh bread is on the table while you drink, talk, and wait for your entree. The service is always with a smile.

I don't believe it's unfortunate that the restaurant is under 'new management' at all. The family that bought the business did so because the previous owner was going to close it down--the new owners recognized that it would be a shame to lose such a wonderful asset to the community and (very fortunately) decided to keep Pinetta's around, with very much the same appearance, menu, and most importantly, spirit.

Mississippi
“Baton Rouge's Tasty Little Nook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

Lovely describes the whole experience of dining at Pinetta's. The atmosphere is quaint and relaxed; the food is excellent; the service is impeccable. Perfect for a date or a family outing-- Pinetta's is a great find.