“Etouffee and Boudin Balls” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 912 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Etouffee and Boudin Balls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Some of the very best Etouffee and boudin balls I've ever had is at Parrain's. I liked this place so much I ate it twice while in town for 3 days. I don't think you can go wrong with any dish and the service is outstanding as well.

Visited February 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Authentic Creole Seafood & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staffed by mostly LSU students, I was pleasantly surprised at the
attentive and personal service. A local favorite had a big menu of local specialties including fried seafood and the most delicious crab and corn bisque I've ever tasted. Food was served quickly
even during the dinner peak and the servers are eager to make sure your needs are met while there. The food was soooooo good - we went twice while there. The only blemish on this otherwise perfect meal was brown salad which we and two other tables sent back. They were happy to replace with any other side dish with no fuss or hassle about an upcharge but there seemed to be a disconnect with the kitchen and quality control because salad was served to other guests after our complaint. My salad was brown on visit #2. I just chalk it up to "salad is not their specialty" but I would definitely go back when u am in town - and I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of
delicious regional seafood dishes.

Jackson, Mississippi
“Neat place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I'm so glad we tried Parrain's... When we visit Baton Rouge, we have our "go to" places but on our last visit, decided to try some place new & close to the school, since our time was limited... Parrain's is a super cool restaurant with a neat atmosphere & really good food. Our server was attentive and kept our glasses full. I'm not a seafood person, but the grilled chicken I had was unusually flavorful and not the least bit dry---which tends to happen a lot... My table mates had fried shrimp and the fish of the day..both of which they reported as delicious. Portions were huge and we had enough left over to fill a to-go box to it's edges.

Highly recommend a stop in for a meal here... I know we will be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Lunched with locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was in town for the afternoon and met up here with some friends who are locals and had picked the restaurant. Started off with the boudin balls appetizer for $8.95. First time I've ever had them so no way to compare but they were salty and good and served with a dipping sauce. I ordered the grilled pork chop at $19.95 but it was a whopping 14oz and looked like a steak. The server said a lot of people order it medium to medium well but it's still pork so I opted for well done and it was still juicy and tasty. White chocolate bread pudding ($5) was only so-so but I prefer chunky with raisins and a strong bourbon sauce. Overall, I would dine here again.

Visited June 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

4 people met for lunch and oyster po-boy, fried shrimp & Oysters, blackened shrimp salad, bleu cheese salads, and gumbo were ordered. Good level of quality, not greasy, and good service. A solid place for good food. The shrimp were very large and the oysters plump and also good sized and lightly breaded and fried. Platter came with dirty rice, fries, hushpuppies, and 5 shrimp and 5 oysters. Excellent bleu cheese salads. Everyone at the table thought the food was solid.

• Visited May 2014