“Another Chinese Buffet” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Houston, Texas
“Another Chinese Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place isn't so bad as Chinese buffets go, but don't expect anything besides the standard fare. Also, like all buffets, don't expect fresh food if you go there at 9pm.

I think they have a menu you can order from, but I've never tried it.

Visited October 2012

47% Recommend
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“best chinese buffet in the state”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

one of the best chinese restaurants around. one of my favorites.

Visited January 2012
Baton Rouge
“Big buffet, but small on taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

After I moved to the Baton Rouge area, I started asking where to go for great Chinese food. Lots of people said Great Wall, so I gave it a try. It was dull and lacked flavor. There wasn't one thing that I wanted to go back for. If you want a great Chinese buffet, drive just a little ways and go to Central Buffet, in Central near the Wal-Mart. Worth the drive!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“What happened?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place has been one of our regular monthly lunch spots for 16 years, but we have missed the last 6 months. It is on a busy street near our house and en route to shopping. We usually stop for the all-you-can-eat buffet-$15 for two. We have noticed that the quality has fluctuated over the last few years. However, today it was quite good: spicy Mongolian beef, grilled pork, and sesame chicken were all tender and fresh. The egg roll was fresh and hot. There are many more choices and they all looked fresh. The service was very good. In the past, it was packed with a waiting line by 11:30am and crowded parking. Today, it was sparsely occupied. I'm not sure what has happened, but my wife and I were pleased with our meal today, and will return.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Not the quality it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

We used to go to Great Wall frequently for very good Chinese food. The buffet was always fresh and service very good. At lunch or dinner time it was difficult to find a parking place. We had not gone for quite some time. We went yesterday at prime dinner time. There was hardly anyone there. The food quality was not very good. Chinese "standards" like the green beans and lo mein were not at all flavorful. I was unable to eat some of the items because they just tasted bad. Maybe I just hit it on a bad day, but with the lack of others there I would guess the place took a turn for the worse.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere