“Comfortable and attentive” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Comfortable and attentive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff is welcoming, friendly and attentive to your needs. The facility is immaculately maintained, rooms are as spacious as they are comfortable and the location ideal for whatever brings you to Baton Rouge. The breakfast is good and offers a variety of selections. It is one of my favorite places to stay, period.

Room Tip: The Corner Rooms are great and offer a good view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Bonjour Kelly B,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Excellent hotel downtown Baton Rouge. I highly recommend this place. Very clean and very friendly! The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. Breakfast was hot and had a variety of food to choose from. Housekeeping was also very friendly to us and gave us extra towels.

Mercer R,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. Speaking of our breakfast, as innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

River Ridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This location is incredibly convenient to walk to many points of interest. The staff was extremely friendly, thoughtful and helpful, people who clearly enjoy their jobs. The facility is the most attractive Hampton Inn I have been in.

Greetings David W.,

DeRidder, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

When arriving in the capitol city of Baton Rouge you have many areas in which to stay. If your business in town is business or LSU-related, I suggest this hotel. Good value for accommodations and very helpful staff. Not a ton of places to walk to at night to eat, but that is not the hotel's fault and worth the inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jerrie L,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We also want to assure you that our downtown area is growing by leaps and bounds with the addition of more restaurants and attractions coming within the next few months to add to the already growing number! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Baton Rouge , La., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Except for not putting a battery in a thermostat , everything was great, as expected. The managers afternoon ,wine and bread party was a welcome relief , as you walked in the door.The bread was a butter and garlic sauce with fresh French bread almost floating in butter. Very Good

Bonne journée Gary F., or good day,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. I want to apologize for the issues with your thermostat as this is not typical for the hotel and we extend our deepest apologies that it happened to you. With that said we want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Vacherie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Baton Rouge offers lovely accommodations (including a roomy balcony), a welcoming and friendly staff, and a convenient location. Restaurants are just steps away on either side of the hotel. The Capitol, museums, and other attractions are within walking distance. And a terrific breakfast with a very attentive staff provides a great start to the day! Kid friendly, too!

Greetings from Cajun Country Sthigzeringue,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! Speaking of our breakfast, as innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We checked in after booking our room (used getaroom.com, DON'T USE THEM!!), the room was nice but not what I had tried to secure online, which was not approved for some reason on my card, getaroom has still not released my money! I made a call to the desk and they upgraded me to my preferred room with no hassle and no extra charge!! Greg Morton, the manager on duty was the coolest guy ever!! The location left a lot to be desired however, unless you drink..the only thing around are bars...but we did have a balcony and were right on the Mississippi river, so we spent a lot of time out there watching...staff definitely the best!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bonjour Michelle N,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We also wanted to let you know that our downtown is growing by leaps and bounds over with additional restaurants and attractions expected to open over the course of the next few months. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown? Share your experiences!