“Good variety of choices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #517 of 849 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Dim Sum
Dining options: Buffet
Description: At Teppanyaki, our philosophy is simple: provide our customers with superior cuisine and caring service, all at a reasonable price. Our food is flavorful beyond compare, featuring the finest Sushi, seafood, Chinese dim sum, Chinese food and American food. And when it comes to hibachi, you can choose your favorite ingredients from dozens of seafood, meats and vegetables, then watch our skilled chefs prepare your full-flavored meal right in front of you.
“Good variety of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visiting town, I went to Teppanyaki on a whim, since asian food sounded better than the other choices close to my hotel.

Enjoyed the sushi, tried the dim sum (though I think dim sum may be too authentic for my tastes) and did not have room to try the hibachi grill. Some items (fruit in particular) I avoided because it looked like it had been sitting out too long, but there were still a lot of choices of items I wanted to try. Was impressed in particular at the offering of whole crabs, and other seafood.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Pretty good, lots of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love the sushi at this place. There is a great selection and it's fresh. Also, the hot food is great. Love the jalapeno chicken and the dim sum. It's a really large buffet with lots of choices. I love that they have soft serve ice cream for dessert. I do wish they had the almond cookies at other buffets. Still, it won't keep me from going as all their food has been very good. Good service too.

Visited November 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Steady decline in quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I would have given them a 5 if I had rated them when they first opened -- the buffet is large and includes Chinese, Japanese, and American foods, so there is something for everyone. they have a banquet room, so it would be ideal for large groups. Service is always pleasant. As others have noted, they do service dim sum and offer a hibachi grill, but there has been a steady decline in quality. We went recently for the Friday seafood buffet, and were terribly disappointed. The raw oysters were dry, rubbery, and grey -- they were on ice, but clearly had been sitting out for far too long. The boiled shrimp and crawfish were certainly more than adequate. There is a wide variety of food on the buffet, but the menu never changes, so after visiting a dozen times, we're bored with it. They drizzle mayonnaise-sauce over all of the sushi and the selections are limited. The Chinese food tends to be fried, except for the dim sum. We haven't tried the hibachi grill, but it looks good and would offer an alternative to the fried dishes. Desserts are more or less what you expect -- some fresh fruit, cookies, little cakes, banana pudding, canned lychee. The frozen yogurt machine is frequently out-of-order.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“YUM YUM YUM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hibachi, great sushi, lots of fresh seafood, not your typical Chinese buffet. Chocolate fondu, frozen yogurt! it was all great. just go!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sushi virgin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice clean restaurant with a ton of selections on the buffet which being a sushi noob I was glad that every entree was described in detail of ingredients on display. I was wondering aimlessly around the hibachi grill until a friendly employee was happy to help. For a first timer sushi eater I have to refrain from judging the quality of sushi since I have no previous to compare but I did like it and would return if I had the opportunity

Visited July 2013