“Hidden but worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Tamarac, Florida
“Hidden but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

His is a beautifully appointed hotel and casino a little off the beaten path in Baton Rouge. If you have no need for external things and you have a car available, this is a great location. I travelled for business so was very pleased that the hotel and the casino are separate building. This allowed me to take advantage of amenities without having to be subject to smoke and noise that sometimes can be a part of a casino/hotel. All staff were friendly and helpful, rooms well appointed (love the TV in the mirror...very impressive). I did have some issues with connecting to the Wi-Fi in my room, but my colleague didn't have the same experience so I cannot suggest that it was the service as it could have been my equipment. The coffee available on each floor at the elevators is a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cat Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

First time to visit a casino show & could not have been better, great setting right on the bank of the Mississippi River, easy parking and the layout easy to get around. We had a nice dinner at the sports bar (Great steaks) the wait staff very pleasant. The concert venue had great seating & the sound system was good. Leanne ROCKED the house. We will be back for some more shows.

Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I were fortunate to get a room during the Miss USA pageant weekend. This hotel was their headquarters and we still received great service even though they were busy with all the beauties. However, there was one employee we encountered that was not nice. Ebony, at the front desk upon check-in, acted like we were imposing on her time. No smile, no friendly welcome....I don't think she likes her job. After checking in, we did discover that the cold water in the bathroom sink was just a dribble. There was plenty of pressure on the hot side. We reported it the first day and the second day and it was never fixed during our stay. We had tickets to the pageant and they provided shuttle service to and from the event, which was great. Jason, at the bellman's desk, was wonderful. He was very pleasant and and very accommodating. We also ate at the steak house by the casino and had absolutely the best steak.......order the flatiron. I'm still thinking about it! Go and enjoy a weekend on the Mississippi River and visit the beautiful roof top pool. You'll feel like a movie star!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
Lottie, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

So, my wife and I stayed in a normal room with King bed. It was very clean and tidy and quite nice! We got there at 2p even though check in was at 4 and had no issue getting a room. Our room service the first morning was really good and on time, although a little pricey.... We had an in room couples massage later and that was very nice(again, quite pricey)....

There were 2 down sides to our stay:
1. The handle on the toilet was half way working...
2. The first night we used the valet, we were politely greeted by an attendant, gave him out last name and key and was given a blue slip. When I realized I forgot my contact solution in my truck, I went to get it out of my truck and noticed they left one of my truck windows about 75% rolled down.... So need less to say, I wasn't thrilled about that...

Other than those 2 things, everything was fine and dandy!
Paid $160/night after tax
And $240 for a 1 hr couples massage

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending the Miss USA pageant and this was the host hotel. We were in what was billed a luxury room with a king size bed for $279 plus taxes. Our bathroom was beautiful and very spacious. The bed and pillows were comfortable. There were several restaurants in the complex and we ate at the Stadium. It would be a great place to go to watch a game since they say there are 50 large screen tvs in the restaurant. I ordered the fried oysters with sweet potato tots and hush puppies. When the plate arrived it was like a huge mound of heavily battered food. I tried to peel off the batter but it was about three times the size of the very small oyster inside. After eating a few, I just couldn't eat any more. We did go to the casino and it wasn't too smoky and had interesting slots. There is ample free parking both outside and in the parking garage. We did have room service and it was promptly delivered and the food was delicious. I would say housekeeping wasn't the best. One day, there were no toiletries given to us, the sink wasn't cleaned and some of our room service items were not removed. There is no coffee maker or refrigerator in the room. A $10 resort fee is added to the room rate which covers the use of the pool, internet which was always very slow and a daily paper which always ran out by mid morning.
If you are there to gamble, this would be a good place to stay otherwise there is nothing to do.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Daniel H, Operational Excellence Manager at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
minnesotans4,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our team appreciates you choosing to stay at our hotel for the Miss USA pageant. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed both your room and the casino. We will be able to use your feedback about the oysters at Stadium and housekeeping to make sure our team continues to get better and offer the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope you decide to stay with us again during your next trip to Baton Rouge

Best regards,

Metairie, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

checkin may be 4pm.. I dont remember.. but we arrived at 3:00 and our room wasnt ready.. they took my phone number and said theyd call me.. at 4:05 I went back to front desk & 3 people were checking people into rooms.. we did not receive a call.. room was clean & nice.. a/c was working great.. we had don not disturb electronic sign on our door.. strangely enough as me & the wife were making love we got a phone call from front desk asking if we could turn off the light that maintenance had to replace a light in bathroom (we didnt even know one was out). on the 2nd day the bed was made and we got a few new towels.. but we were left with the same old dirty drinking glasses,, pool was ok but really really small.. 3 foot is the deepest part of it. some of my neighbors have bigger pools..overall a nice stay but was beyond disapointed with the call from the front desk asking us to turn off the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign.. I mean what is the point of the sign if they call anyways??

Room Tip: not very many amenities in hotel itself besides restaurants in the casino.. pool is tiny.. exercise...
JohnnyJ,

I apologize that our team fell short of delivering the level of guest service that is expected at our property. Proactively following up when rooms are available and respecting the privacy of our guests are very important to our team. Your comments will be shared with our team members as training to ensure the breakdowns you experienced do not happen in the future.

Once again, I apologize for the service breakdowns you experienced and I hope you and your wife decide to give our team another chance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I frequent the L'Auberge fairly often, and have spent the night on more than one occasion. The staff is always very friendly in the hotel and casino. The rooms are spacious and clean, and we enjoyed having a view of the river on our last stay. The bed is very comfortable and I love the large shower. We have eaten at the Stadium Bar and Grill and the food and the wait staff were excellent. Our favorite night to enjoy the Bon Temps Buffett is on Wednesday for the all you can eat King Crabs. We have never been disappointed with a visit to L'Auberge and are looking forward to visiting again soon.

Kathy J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor! Our team is always happy to welcome you back and eager to provide exceptional guest service. We thank you and your husband for being loyal guests and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm wishes,

Operational Excellence Manager

Been to L'Auberge Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!