“Nice Hotel, Nice Pool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
“Nice Hotel, Nice Pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay except that they were full and there was a problem with my TV that they could not resolve with COX. So for three nights, I could not watch the TV at night.

The hotel was clean, rooms were great and the meals were excellent. I stay there once a year when I visit a client in baton Rouge. Great shuttle to and from Airport.

Room Tip: Try getting a room NOT on the airport side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Friendly staff, very large rooms, nice and clean, it's a good place to stay. We did have the cleaning staff knock at our door the day of checkout, which is kind of unusual, and the beds seemed kind of soft, but these were minor issues, overall it's a solid hotel. Didn't eat at the breakfast, didn't use the gym but it looked nice and up to date. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Got charged $13 for coffee and cereal in lobby that most traveler hotels include as complimentary. I was told "only the coffee was free"? What a ripoff considering I paid $116 for the night!

• Stayed July 2012
Natchitoches, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent two wonderful nights at this outstanding hotel. We stayed in a King Jr. Suite, (which is very reasonably priced) the bed is a comfort control bed so you chose the firmness or softness of your choice. The room was spotless and so clean, kuddos to housekeeping. Also the public restrooms are also spotless, as is the entire hotel. The staff extremely kind and helpful. The girls who work at the restaurant (The American Grill) are wonderful! Did not dine there but did have cocktails. We will be back, it was the most pleasant stay we have had in Baton Rouge thus far, and we travel to Baton Rouge often.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Reservations made to stay here as a stop over traveling back home. Our plans changed and we forgot to call and change the date of our arrival. Though the hotel was very full, the staff went out of their way to find a room for us that met our needs, honored our lower weekend room rate, and was just overall accomodating. Our room was VERY large with two comfortable queens beds and a sleeper sofa that was actually comfortable for my 15 yr old son. Work out room was in good condition and supplies available.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Tx, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was awakened in the middle of the night by the ruslting noise in the room. After slowly regaining my wits from being asleep, I turned on the light and realized that the noise was originating from the plastic bag in the trashcan - which was moving. Peering into the trashcan, I see a mouse that had somehow gotten into the trashcan and was now trying to jump back out. When told about the issue, the staff proceeded to ask me how the mouse got into the trashcan. How should I know? It is your hotel and your rodent.

The hotel seems new and clean but there is no excuse for rodents running around in the guestrooms. I have never stayed in a hotel with such a problem and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, some of which would be considered questionable. Buyer beware, you take your chances of sharing your room with a rodent here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
"Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apology. While it is true that we did discover a field mouse we immediately removed it, and have not had any other issues like this since. We have now taken the extra step of baiting the field behind the hotel to ensure this never happens again. We greatly appreciate you taking the time share your comments with us as it is comments such as these that allow us the opportunity to continually improve the levels of service and product we offer to our guests."
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

I'm a flight attendant, so my company paid for this, however, it was a great room. Very spacious, and super clean. My only complaint was that breakfast was not included.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport? Share your experiences!