“Mouse in guestroom” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas, Tx, USA
“Mouse in guestroom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was awakened in the middle of the night by the ruslting noise in the room. After slowly regaining my wits from being asleep, I turned on the light and realized that the noise was originating from the plastic bag in the trashcan - which was moving. Peering into the trashcan, I see a mouse that had somehow gotten into the trashcan and was now trying to jump back out. When told about the issue, the staff proceeded to ask me how the mouse got into the trashcan. How should I know? It is your hotel and your rodent.

The hotel seems new and clean but there is no excuse for rodents running around in the guestrooms. I have never stayed in a hotel with such a problem and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, some of which would be considered questionable. Buyer beware, you take your chances of sharing your room with a rodent here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
"Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apology. While it is true that we did discover a field mouse we immediately removed it, and have not had any other issues like this since. We have now taken the extra step of baiting the field behind the hotel to ensure this never happens again. We greatly appreciate you taking the time share your comments with us as it is comments such as these that allow us the opportunity to continually improve the levels of service and product we offer to our guests."

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

I'm a flight attendant, so my company paid for this, however, it was a great room. Very spacious, and super clean. My only complaint was that breakfast was not included.

• Stayed November 2011
Ferrisbrugh, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

On the North edge of the city this is the place for a quiet nights rest on a business trip. It is some distance from the LSU campus. It has a great staff and a very good brekfast. I have stayed here several times on business and will book this hotel each time I am in Baton Rouge.
By the way the brekfast is worth getting up early to enjoy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

All staff at this hotel is super friendly and helpful! We stayed in a junior queen suite on the first floor. Room was nice and clean, beds were fine, and we had plenty of room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a nice place to stay weather on business or pleasure trip. From the minute you walk in until check out the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room has updated furniture, beds are comfy, and decorating is nice. Great location to the airport. Short trip to get downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel met my expectations and was a very good place to stay. I'd recommend it. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel had free breakfast that was very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed in room 114 of this hotel, which was convenient to the front desk and the pavilion pantry as well as the restaurant portion of the hotel. While I thought this was an ideal location, my wife didn't like being on the first floor, claiming it was too noisy. Our next door neighbors had a group of kids who were very noisy. We had to call the front desk to ask them to keep it down. The room was very nice and clean, however, and the air conditioner worked very well. One thing, though. We'd forgotten our tooth brushes and went to the front desk inquiring about disposable tooth brushes and were surprised when they said they didn't carry them. We had mouthwash provided, as well as soap and shampoo and conditioner, but no toothbrushes. The bedding was comfortable and the TV worked excellently. Also, there was a coffee maker in the room as well as a port for internet access.

As for the dinner dining experience, it took a lot of patience before our waitress finally decided to come take our order. I wanted a Cesar salad but they were out of it (at 9:15 PM) and so I wanted a spinach salad which they were also out of at that time. I ended up getting a grilled chicken dinner with asparagus and rice, which tasted very good, but the wait time for the dinner was longer than expected. Our waitress seemed more inclined to talk to other co-workers before turning in our order. My wife got to thinking that maybe it would have been quicker had we ordered room service (available until 10PM).

Also, we had to catch a taxi to our next destination, 7 miles away. The local Hilton van shuttle would only take us 5 miles and wouldn't grant us an extra two miles at the time of night when it really wasn't that busy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport? Share your experiences!