“Not up to typical Motel 6 standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Baton Rouge Southeast

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Baton Rouge Southeast to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baton Rouge Southeast
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   10445 Reiger Rd, I-10 at Exit #163, Baton Rouge, LA 70809   |
Ranked #59 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Davenport, Washington
“Not up to typical Motel 6 standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent a couple of weeks at this motel before I found an apartment in Baton Rouge. Things I didn't like were: dirty floors, noisy air conditioner, poor cleaning in general, mildewed odor in room, drunks outside at all hours, surly staff (not all, but one of the desk clerks was terrible),
I travel a lot and make a habit of staying at Motel 6, but this one is off my list. The low price is not enough to make up for the generally poor conditions at this motel.
I will continue to patronize Motel 6's in other places - they are generally a good value.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the Waffle House and the hookers don't make as much noise going in and out.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prairieville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels in the baton rouge are on reiger road. We rented a room that qwas already rented. When we opened the door the people that had rented it before us things were everywhere. When we went up fromt to get a refund it was like pulling tooth from a person.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Zeist, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The price was low, but the room could have been better. Several lights didn't work and the bed missed sheets (only had a blanket).

• Stayed April 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. I was on 2nd floor above one side of the pool...on the other side of the pool (room 217 to be exact) there was an airconditioner that sounded like a jet engine when it came on. I didn't notice it when my TV was on but then had trouble sleeping (even my airconditioner couldn't drown out the noise) and didn't know where the noise came from until the next day when I investigated (yes, I should have done it earlier since I only got 4 hours sleep). I reported it the next morning and they said they were not renting that room due to the air conditioner needing maitenance. I asked them to simply turn the unit off which they did. Geez, why in the world didn't they do that when they put the room on the maintenance list to begin with.

The bed mattress was also worn (sunken some in the middle) but the room was clean, airconditioner in my room worked fine, TV reception fine with quite a few stations (although TV 19" or so), vanity and bathroom were fine...they do have hardwood floors by the way. The location was fine (I-10 and Siegen Road essentially) and reasonably quiet except for that unit I mentioned, and the clerks at the front were fine. But I rated this only OK to stay due to the mattress (I did get 8 hours of sleep the 2nd night) and the fact that they KNEW about that airconditioner issue in that other room and amazingly didn't turn the unit off until I forced the issue. The price was great so I would stay there again but please do better than I did and make sure there is not an issue with another room in your vicinity before calling it a night.

Plenty of parking and next to Waffle House on one side and SuperTarget of the other side...excellent location!

Room Tip: Make sure there is not an issue with equipment near your room before trying to go to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was terrible we last there over night we had to change hotel after the 2nd room was worst than the first sewer water came out the floor and condoms were on the floor and in pool

• Stayed August 2011
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Sure it's just a Motel 6, so nothing fancy but everyone who worked there was so nice and cared so much for the customers comfort. Wonderful people and customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Motel 6 10445 Reiger was by far the worst motel for the price I have stayed in. The Exterior corriders were littered with trash, the room was filthy, the laminate floor had so much dust on it I had to throw away my socks. The Airconditioning vent had no less than an inch of caked dust and a metal spring with a sharp wire coming out from under it that could easily have cut my foot had I not seen it, there was hair in the sink and the tub had cigirette burns all over the outside rim. The drapes, besides being filthy and obviously not taken down since the 1960's, were torn and did not offer complete privacy. The bed was visably sagging in the middle! I was charged for internet usage four times...haven't checked out yet so am hoping I am able to get that credited without a big hassle but the only thing worse than the room is the staff's attitude...rude and sarcastic is an understatement! They did not service my room at all on the second day. To top off this stay I was greeted with a 5:30AM (Mon 5/29) obscene phone call that could only have come from another guest's room (they described me and obviously knew my room number). When I called the front desk their response was "well the call didn't come from the office", again, a very rude and sarcastic response considering what had just happened.
My work is 95% travel and I am in motels alot...motel 6 has been my stay of choice whenever possible but this experience has left me wary. For Motel 6 to allow their name to be connected with this level of accomodations makes me think twice about making this chain my stay of choice in other areas.

Room Tip: Try the Super 8 next door
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Baton Rouge Southeast? Share your experiences!