“Student conference at LSU” 5 of 5 stars

The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU
3848 W. Lakeshore Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808   |
Ranked #25 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Student conference at LSU”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a great location for having a meeting with students. We were housed in a very comfortable suite that was well appointed, quiet and conveniently located. We were unable to check in early after a rather busy weekend for the hotel. The cleaning staff had left trash on the bathroom sink. The breakfast was good and the hotel located conveniently to the conference center next door. It's a facility any university would be pleased to claim as their own.

Room Tip: I doubt that there is much difference.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I found the hotel rooms to be very small though ours did have a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel has neither a restaurant or a lounge/bar. If you do not have your own transportation, you will find it is a long walk to local restaurants. We found the bed to be average but the pillows were very large and very uncomfortable to sleep on. Our recommendation would be you bring your own pillows. Overall, the room and the hotel were very clean and the front desk personnel were friendly.

Room Tip: We read the remarks by other travelers to be wary of a room next to the elevator. Our room was next...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I can clearly tell you what a great time we had at this hotel. The staff was friendly, it was extremely clean & a great value. The pool is a major plus and it's on LSU campus you can't beat that. The breakfast was phenomenal. It was probably the best free breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Also the lunch,
although there is a small price incurred, is definitely worth it!! It's a "must stay" for your next LSU game!!

• Stayed July 2013
StaceyMessina, Manager at The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed our accommodations as well as our exclusive location on the beautiful campus of LSU! Our tranquil, campus environment is unique to the city of Baton Rouge; and we are pleased you enjoyed the personality of our very special LSU hotel. Please take the opportunity to stay with us again when you are in Baton Rouge.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right on the campus of LSU. The staff is very nice. The rooms are well appointed if not a little small. This is set up for conference style business but we stayed on a leisure visit and enjoyed it. The breakfast downstairs was included like many business hotels these days. The business center has plenty of room. The work out facility and pool area not their strong suits but they are available. I would try to stay here anytime I was coming to campus. W got a rate of around $110 whic h seemed reasonable and I'm sure seasonal as we were the in late July when school was not in session.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review of The Cook. We are very happy you see us as a destination for relaxation as well as business, as we do provide amenities that are suitable for both the leisure and corporate traveler. We hope to have the opportunity to provide another memorable experience for you and your family in the future!
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Such a nice, clean place. And right on the LSU campus. This is out second time to stay here and both times have been wonderful experiences. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay at The Cook. Our mission is to ensure that every guest stay is remarkable, and we are pleased your experience was enjoyable. If we can ever be of further accommodation or assistance to you, please contact us at www.thecookhotel.com or 1.866.610.COOK. Thank you!
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was wondering why our meeting was going to be on campus at the Cook Center. I knew its' location was wonderful...across from the lake on campus, dripping with southern charm & greenery (a change from NM). I knew the conference center was excellent, but on checking into the hotel I found it to be a cut above. A beautiful property, well maintained, with a well trained young staff who apparently know the meaning of "hospitality industry." This reflects well on them, management & training. Check in (after a long arduous day in and out of airports) was painless & handled professionally. My room was a suite with full kitchen and more than adequate relaxing and work space. Room was well maintained & actually cheerful (especially if you're a LSU fan). Close and accessible to eateries and all parts of Baton Rouge, if they have space one can't go wrong with a stay at the Cook...business or pleasure. Breakfast was complimentary and much better than average. Throughout stay hotel staff was accessible, professional and seemed eager to please. I wouldn't want to try to book a room when LSU is playing a home game though.

Room Tip: Great place to stay in Baton Rouge, just would hate to try to book a room when there's a LSU hom...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. At The Cook Hotel, every member of our staff strives to ensure that our "Southern Hospitality" culture is also our policy. Your experience is very important to us, and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very nice hotel and even nicer staff. I stayed here while attending a wedding and after checking out of the hotel I drove around the lovely campus taking photos. I busted a tire (very careless of me) and was feeling pretty desperate since I was over a 1000 miles from home (Virginia). It was Sunday and I couldn't find a tire place open to replace my tire so I was stuck for another day. I went back to the hotel and asked if I could stay another night and explained my situation. They not only found a room for me right away but also gave it to me at a significant discount (after checking with the very nice and helpful manager). I didn't mind being "stuck" there for another day since I had such wonderful accomodations. It is a very nice hotel, very modern, clean and comfortable and a great breakfast. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
StaceyMessina, Director of Marketing at The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us such a nice message.

We are very happy to hear you stay was pleasant despite the unfortunate incident with your tire. It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you for the additional evening, and we thank you for the complimentary comments on our accommodations and staff. Our guests are our priority, and it is our pleasure to assist you in any way possible.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future. Again, thank you!

Been to The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU? Share your experiences!