“Passing Through Louisiana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siegen Inn

You added Siegen Inn to your Saves list
Siegen Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10707 Honore Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70809 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Passing Through Louisiana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is off a main thoroughfare making it convenient to gain access to highway travel, but it was also quiet. Decent value for the money unless you want to be close to downtown and nightlife.

Room Tip: Out a ways from the center of the City but close to decent Restaurants and a Mall. Convenient to hig...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on other TripAdvisor Reviews and they were Right on time. I have Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! Julie at the front desk is a delight. I never got up early enough to enjoy breakfast because I was enjoying my room and bed a little more. I got a corner room (Rm 301) at the very end of the hall. It was so peaceful. I saw some complaints about the location and driveway setup on previous reviews, while I agree with them, it really wasn't that big of a deal, my GPS took me right to the street to turn in and straight the the hotel's driveway. I think this is a great choice if you're looking for a nice, clean and peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great breakfast, location is hard to get to off the highway. You have to go in one entrance and out another. There are some very good local restaurants nearby. The pillows are either too hard or too soft.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We lived in Baton Rouge until 2003 so we were familiar with the Sherwood Forest exit off of I-12 that becomes Siegen Lane when you continue to drive southward towards I-10. After driving through horribly manic traffic at 4 p.m., we saw the Best Western Plus sign. However we could not find the entrance to this motel! We drove around several roads and became very frustrated because we were exhausted from 12 hours of driving. We could see the hotel and the hotel sign but the entrance of the hotel eluded us! We finally located Honore Lane, a small--practically one lane-- entrance road to the motel. It doesn't have a traffic signal. It is located NORTH of What-a-Burger and across Siegen Lane from Rooms to Go! The hotel is new and the receptionist at the counter, Tina, was delightful. I forgot my toothbrush and she gave me a complimentary one. Our room on the 4th floor had a large window overlooking Siegen Lane which was nice to look out as the sun set and the lights came on. The only comment I have is that the Guest Services book in the room stated coffee was available in the lobby 24 hrs. but there was no coffee available at 5:30 a.m. The receptionist at the counter made some. I took the two bananas--the only items available. The yogurt and milk cooler was locked! The person in charge of the breakfast arrived at 6 a.m. and quickly got the complimentary breakfast underway.
I suggest that breakfast should be available at an earlier hour as people traveling like to get started early in the morning. At least, have coffee and donuts.

Room Tip: The fourth floor window facing west has an interesting view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found this hotel on Price Line. It was a great pick. It is close to I-10, The Mall of Louisiana and not too far from the airport. It was very clean and the bathrooms were really clean. I will be staying here the next time I am in Baton Rouge. Breakfast could have been a little better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Surprise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wish all Best Western's are as clean and nice as this one. If I return to this area again, I would stay here again. The staff was excellent and Julie the Manager was also excellent. The rooms are really clean and smell nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The mom and daughter that run the front desk are amazing. It is like having an extended family at your hotel. They exemplify customer service. This my first choice for Baton Rouge hotels and I have stayed at a lot of them! Rooms are fairly new and location is close to restaurants and stores - only issue is crossing the main road to get to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Siegen Inn? Share your experiences!