“Nice cheap place to stay in Baton Rouge” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #8 of 69 hotels in Baton Rouge
“Nice cheap place to stay in Baton Rouge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel in Baton Rouge (less than a year old) and very clean. The front desk attendant, Tina, was very nice and helpful upon check in.

We stayed for 2 nights and were happy with the room, beds, and overall hotel experience. We spent $190 for the stay and got exactly what we expected from a Best Western. It is certainly not a swanky hotel, but it was very pleasant.

It was a bit difficult to get to and we made a wrong turn before finally found our way into the small drive and turning left out of the drive was next to impossible any time we left. We either had to turn right and turn around or turn right and navigate our way from there. The hotel is close to most major things in Baton Rouge (the mall, gas stations, restaurants), but a bit farther from campus and other parts of the city.

The room had a fridge, microwave, and included a breakfast. The breakfast we fresh, delicious, and had a waffle machine - which thrilled our 7-year-old (& my husband!). Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were surprisingly quiet!

We will probably be staying in another hotel closer to the points of interest we visit when in town next time we travel to Baton Rouge, but this is no reflection on this hotel. It was a very nice stay and we were very pleased.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed here 2 times on a business trip. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are nice. Very clean and comfortable.
The breakfast is good.
There is a huge shopping center down the road from this BW+ on Corporate Drive.. It had a Whole Foods, Pf Changs etc etc.

Over all any time I need to go to Baton Rouge this is my hotel to stay at.

Staff is always nice.

A+

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and clean. I did not ask for upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were staying one night and had called the previous day to see if we could check in early, like 1:30pm instead of 3:00pm due to a function we had at 4:00pm that day. We were told if there was a room available. Reasonable, right. We got there at 1:30pm and the front desk clerk was about to put a "Be back in 5 minutes" sign up, looked at us and said "check in is at 3." (I guess their rooms are cleaned at the same time and are immediately ready at 3:00pm! Right!) OK we then told her we had spoken to someone the day before, etc. Finally the reluctant clerk checks us in to a room on the first floor, the second room from the lobby. We go to our event and return around 9:30pm. One the kiind bed were four 10"x10" pillows. You've all seen them before. I called the front desk and asked if I could have an extra pillow. I was told they DO NOT give out pillows! Period end of discussion. I have NEVER been denied a pillow, if one was available! She said they just do not give extra pillows. About 10:00pm the noise from the lobby and people just walking down the hall was horrible!!! There was no way I could sleep. I called the front desk and asked if possibly they could quieten the group in the lobby as they were being loud. She stated it was an event going on at the time and she could not. I understood, but it was a horrible night. At about 1:00am I found ear plugs in my luggage and was finally able to sleep. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lobby are loud due to ceramic tile throughout.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vishal J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siegen Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

The Best Western Plus Siegen strives to provide utmost comfort and cleanliness to every guest because we believe every guest is family. Every bed has 4 each and it so happens that on the night of your stay, the hotel was 100% full. We do keep extra pillows in stock to cover upto 30% of hotel rooms; however it so happens on this day all were taken. I request of you to not be so harsh in judging this hotel's service so quickly and would love to have you come back so that we may serve you better.

Thanking You,

Manager
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to be near our son's home. It is set back from the highway yielding very little street noise. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the receptionist helpful. The breakfast was okay...the typical hotel breakfast. We plan to continue staying here when in BTR, unless we bring the dog with us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DeRidder, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

me my wife and son stayed at this hotel feb 6th and 7th of this year 2013.the staff was nice the hotel is new so it is nice and clean.at check in i asked the clerk if they had a smoking area she said yes by the pool exit door and that is where we smoked not in the room .after check out everything seemed fine i got an e statement with no extra charges. then 13 days later i find that they had charged a $250.00 fee for smoking in the room .i called the hotel and they said they could smell smoke in the room . all i can say is we did not smoke in the room.me and my wife do smoke but we don`t smoke in our house or our cars so all i can think is what a way for the hotel to make extra money how can you prove you did not smoke in a room 13 days after checkout.

Room Tip: i would say dont stay here if you smoke but after reading the other reviews i see that the same thin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vishal J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siegen Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
In an effort to provide the highest level of cleanliness and health, the Best Western Plus Siegen Inn is a 100% non smoking hotel. We charge a fine for smoking in the room that goes towards sanitizing the entire room which includes all furniture including drapes, mattresses, and walls which a heavy expense. At our hotel, we believe that EVERY guest should receive utmost quality and service.

Here at Best Western Plus Siegen Inn, we don't call our guests customers, we call them family and like to take care of every one of them.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room in advance to make sure I had a room in place for a concert I was attending on valentine's and I decided to stay in town and explore the city. Front desk- polite and answered all my questions, which were few. If you wonder why they seem to never be at the front desk, I can say it's because they were actually doing something that needed their attention. Their is only one clerk on every shift, I'm assumming. The room was nice, clean and spacious. The bed wasn't as soft as I would have liked it to be but it's my personal preference. The location is a little tight but you have everything you could possibily need nearby and about 10 minutes from downtown. I could have booked a better deal or location. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Monroe,La
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a newer property with very good good rates. Good location near I-10 and numerous places to eat very close by. The rooms are nicely furnished and the mattresses are fairly comfortable. The free continental breakfast seemed to lack. But all in all for approximately $75.00 a night I would definitely return.

Room Tip: As usual request the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Siegen Inn? Share your experiences!