“Must stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siegen Inn

You added Siegen Inn to your Saves list
Siegen Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10707 Honore Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70809 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Orlando, Florida
“Must stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is very new. It's so clean and pretty. It is in a great location because it is near everthing you can imagine but actually getting to the hotel is a bit confusing. Maybe im just not used to how the roads are set up in Baton Rouge but i feel like its never an easy turn to get anywhere. You have to pass it then make a uturn and my gps just leads me to the exact location so i had to go around a couple different ways to figure out where honore rd actually was. The last best western I stayed in was very dirty in Tallahassee and i only spent $20 more to stay at this one. Compared to my last experience with best western (durring my road trip from Orlando to Austin) this is such a pleasant surprise. I slept so well because the beds and pillows were comfortable. It was much needed!

The only thing that bothered me is when u close the doors to the hotel room they slam very loud. So as I was trying to fall asleep the doors were slamming one after another. They were 100% fully booked so that is understandable. I still would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The free parking, free breakfast, the clean pool , and free wifi was all great. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Took a quick trip to Baton Rouge and decided to stay at this Best Western. First off, I want to let it be known that the staff were friendly and helpful. They gave us good directions and hints as to the best restaurants. However, even though it is less than one year old, there are issues that need to be dealt with, We had to be switched from one room to another because the hair dryer and coffeepot didn't work in their respective outlets because of a wiring problem in that wall. The next morning the desk clerk brought up a different hair dryer that could be used in a different outlet. Thank you. The A/C unit relay was not working properly, it kept cycling on and off. After moving to another room the following day, that A/C unit also had a faulty relay. NEVERTHELESS, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 5/4/2012 and my overall stay was good. The only problem or concern I had was that on that night I just so happen to get the munchies so i decided to head out and find something. Upon leaving the hotel to my surprise I find the over night desk clerk locked outside the hotel. I had to open the door to let her in. She seemed to find this funny. My concern was what if I had not came down, how long would she of been locked out and left the hotel unattended? Just found the situation odd. Other than that the hotel is very nice and still smells very new!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this hotel last-minute off hotwire.com. The hotel is brand new and it is very clean. That's its major plus. Nonetheless, I was VERY taken aback by the following experience: on my way out from the hotel to grab a late-night, quick bite to eat (hotel has no restaurant and the vending machines were all broken), the front-desk attendant asked me to get some McDonald's for her. Being the (can't say no) person that I am, I ended up bringing her some dinner. This was totally weird and unprofessional. It made me VERY uncomfortable, to say the least.

Lastly, the location is pretty weak. I wouldn't stay here for more than a night and I wuoldn't pay too much for it either. I feel like even the hotwire rate I paid was overpriced. Not enough value for my money. All in all, a slightly disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for top floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lucedale, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed with family on a weekend trip, the room was clean, the lady was very nice when we checked in, had a great stay. BUT when our credit card bill came in there was a charge of $250.00. I had paid cash for my stay. When we called they said that the room smelled like smoke and they had to have it cleaned. No one somked in the room, I am a non-smoker. I called the hotel and talked to @#!* and she said that it smelled of smoke and the charge would stay on the card. Because of this I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

New hotel, clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff, comfortable beds and very clean, quiet rooms.

Stayed March 2012
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The location of this property is great. It is also new, and very lovely. The rooms are so clean and inviting. They offer micorwaves and refrigerators, and flat screen tv's. The bedding is so comfy. They offer a vey nice breakfast in a pleasant area. This hotel has it all going for it. The desk staff is very friendly and helpful also. You won't be sorry if you stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Siegen Inn? Share your experiences!