“A little over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 70 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas, Texas
“A little over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice lobby, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds...dated bathrooms! We paid $94 for a double and I have paid much less for much nicer rooms. I can see where they have done some updating but they missed the mark on the bathrooms. Didn't much care for the topless bar being right next door either.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lisa-FO-Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for commenting on your stay. We want each guest to know that we are listening. Our update phase is not done. Our staff will continue to give great service while we work through or property updates. If you are every in the Baton Rouge area again please give us a chance to make your stay a perfect 10!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've stayed at this location serveral times. The updates to the rooms are great. Even though the conditions were not the best i continued to stay here because of the staff. Lisa and Kayla at the front desk are great , always smiling and willing to take the time to talk to me and my wife whenever we are in town. Love talking to Veronica in the breakfast and the cleaning staff are always polite. I recommend this location to anyone looking for a family friendly stay. keep up the good work and see you soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the staff I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We strive to make each guest feel like family. Thanks again for your continued business and hope to see you soon!
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

THe Staff and all of the Managers were very helpful. The hotel was Clean and the breafast was great. The room was cleaned every day and I always felt at home there. at the end of my day they always had cookies made fresh daily.

Good Job Guys

Barry Holloway

Room Tip: Ask at the Fraont Desk
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing us for your lodging needs. We will continue doing our very best to give great service. We appriciate your business and hope to see you soon.
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I checked in on 2/9 and were extremely tired from New Orleans Mardi Gras fun the night before, and as soon as we saw the property, we were happy.

The exterior is a bit weather-worn, but meh, I wasn't sleeping outside. *Inside*, however, was nothing but excellent decor and warm, attentive staff. Over the course of this four day weekend, Blake, the desk clerk, was the *only* one to recognize me as a Choice Platinum Elite member. He quickly got us checked in and let us know that the elevator was down for service and went so far as to offer to help us up to the fourth floor with our bags.

We politely declined and got right up there. He called the room when the elevator was fixed, and again to ensure that we had everything we needed to ensure a comfortable stay. As we left for the evening, he offered to call us a cab and even suggested a few places to visit while in town.

Compared to the hustle and bustle of that weekend in New Orleans, Baton Rouge was tame by comparison, but in a good way. I was able to sleep a full 11 hours after quick dinner and drinks without interruption from noisy neighbors or even I-10 that was about a half mile away.

Check out was a breeze and we were very politely asked to be sure to tell others about the property - I already have and on my next trip to town, I will gladly stay here.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here. I could barely hear people talking in the hallway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa-FO-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
On behalf of the staff here at Comfort Suites University I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We appriciate the positive feed back you gave on your stay. Please think of us if you're in the Baton Rouge area in the future. Thanks again!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was staying at Comfort Suites in Baton Rouge I was in town for a Perry Production Play,The custom service at the hotel was great, is started bad when i was eating breakfast, they was out of knife,The manager was talking to to the breakfast staff, Then went to the front desk and asked for a toothbursh and Kayla said the they was out of them, Ray the great manager that he was he said I will go to the store and get you one. five minutes Kayla brought the toothbush to my room. that's great custom services, Ray keep up the great job.I will stay again soon.

Room Tip: The rooms was great and the staff better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I'm happy that we were able to turn your stay around. We strive for excellent customer service here at Comfort Suites University. On behalf of the staff we appriciate your business. If you're in the Baton Rouge area in the future please consider us for your lodging needs. Thanks again!
Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were there for the Superbowl. They service was excellent from the Manager to the wait staff. Everyone had a great attitude and the rooms were in excellent condition.. I would definitely recommend the service was superb. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the Comfort Suites University staff we are happy to have made your stay here a pleasant one. If ever you are in the Baton Rouge are please consider us for your lodging needs. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

When I arrived the young girl Kayla was very nice and pleasant, with the cutest country accent. She was very welcoming and even recommended some great restaurants and map quested directions for me. Upon the day of my departure the housekeeping staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. I will stay here again every visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. The staff at Comfort Suites University would like to thank you for your business. Please consider us if you're in our area in the future. Thanks again!

Been to Comfort Suites University? Share your experiences!