“Another good stay and no Isaac storm this time” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11314 Boardwalk Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70816   |
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Another good stay and no Isaac storm this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First the positives....Firm mattress...good amount of lighting...bathtub/shower combo...coffee/tea in room...ice machine behind office with vending machines....shampoo supplied....nice TV with lots of channels and HBO stations...ice conditioning fine...great location with lots of things around (Rite Aid, fast food places, service stations, etc)....quiet. Now the few negatives...this is never going to change but the Boardwalk/Sherwood Forest intersection is a nightmare for traffic. You can drive a little N o Sherwood Forest past Boardwalk to a traffic light and there is an early circle around to come in the back way...no minfridge or microwave in room, there is a microwave in the vending/ice machine area. I will say the overhead light didn't work and the office tried to switch out bulbs (must either be the switch or the fixture). Anyway, I don't count that as a negative because they offered to switch me to another room but with the plentiful lighting, I didn't miss it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
RRI141, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear tfberry,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We apologize for the room lighting problem noted. I have posted your review for the entire staff to see. Everyone is thrilled to know their hard work is appreciated. We hope to see you next time you travel to Baton Rouge.

Best Regards,

Darick Washington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Red Roof on Friday 16,2013 7:25 We checked in, we wasn't going to rent a room because looking at the location it didn't seem safe but we notice Securiy department was doing such a good job making sure the environment was secured front desk service was awful the lady was chewing gum and playing on her cell phone the room smelled really bad when we told the front she asked did we want air freshener my wife told her don't worry we wanted a new room. All to say the place was nasty but safe. I've stayed here before back in Sep 2012 and I didn't feel as safe but this time with on site Security we did...... HIRE A NEW FRONT DESK REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Dr. V Roberts,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We value all feedback and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I am so sorry to hear that our staff did not deliver 100% customer satisfaction during your stay. However, I do thank you for the positive security feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs.

Best Regards,

Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Checked in at 6:00 pm on Friday. Got to my 2nd floor room and didn't come out till around 8:00 and when I did was startled by several (more than four) young black men peering over the railing two doors down from my room. All were talking on phones all had tats and all had their boxer shorts exposed at the tops because their pants were pulled down. Not to be too concened at this one instance, but when I went downstairs to the vending area, I realized that they were likely the look-outs for the activity going on below. Will find another place to stay in future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bill N,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baton Rouge Red Roof. I am sorry to hear about the security issue that’s noted in your review; please accept my sincerest apologies. Please know that we take matters of such very seriously. We will make sure our security is making routine rounds to prevent that noted behavior on this property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was friendly,rooms ,bathrooms, and bedding clean and for the price it was a rather nice hotel.Only problem I had is I didn't stay a little longer. The front lobby was clean. I had a reservation it was so quick there was no long wait to getting in my room. Thanks Red Roof Inn& Staff

• Stayed July 2013
Hello My 3 Angeless,

Wow!! What a great review!! Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful thoughts on our hotel & staff. That is truly what our hotel is about and we are delighted to hear that you want to continue to stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our hard work. We hope to see you again soon!!

Take Care,
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

we had reservations at this location last week. We had requested 2 rooms. Both rooms smelled of urine. There were questionable people in the lobby and milling about by the front door.
OUR FAMILY DID NOT FEEL SAFE and we immediately cancelled our stay and went to another location. I suspect drug dealing and ladies of the evening. Not fit for family stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Joyce W,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will definitely investigate the issues noted on your review. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback you provided is very important to us. We apologize for the security and room odor issues noted on your review.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

darrick; would like to thank you and your staff for the great hospitality you have provided us for the past two months.
we very much felt at home thanks to you and your staff being so kind and friendly
the room was excellent, the a/c worked well and the housekeeper cleaned well
we should be back soon
willy frey
altamonte springs fl 32714

Room Tip: 2nd floor is not noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello My 3 Angeless,

Take Care,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

the staff was friendly but after there for two days its hard to get clean towels or linen. i stayed a week and not one time did i see a housekeeper.that department is awful.when i asked for service they made an excuse saying they was not the housekeeper for my floor.and not to mention the room i stayed in was dirty when i arrived.i found a couple of small roaches in my room crawling on my wall.i will not advise u to stay here. a couple of drug heads were seen by my children smoking pot in the parking lot. I WILL NOT BE BACK TO STAY EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!